Discussion topic: what connection do I need to do in Deco x55 which is directly connected to ONT , No sky HUB.

This message was authored by mohd_tawfique This message was authored by: mohd_tawfique

what connection do I need to do in Deco x55 which is directly connected to ONT , No sky HUB.

Hi Expert,

Need some help, Currently I am with BT and having full fibre at home. I am using the Deco x55 which is directly connected with ONT and not using any BT hub. the configuration is done as PPPoE for BT connection. Soon I will be changing to Sky fibre. So would like the same setup, don't want to use the sky router. I think to connect to sky my network type will be DynamicIP .  Can someone please help what details I will be needing from sky to connect the same way , Or first of all will it work with Sky with my current setup, 

Any help will be appreaciated. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: what connection do I need to do in Deco x55 which is directly connected to ONT , No sky HUB.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mohd_tawfique Sky use a different authentication systen from BT but there have been reports of people connecting Deco units to the ONT including this post but note the DHCPv6 PD method does not work on every line as it depends on who made the kit at your exchange. 

Personally I use my own Deco set up in access mode behind the Sky hub which works for me.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion