Discussion topic: Android email settings for sky.com unable to connect to server

This message was authored by lsg267 This message was authored by: lsg267

Android email settings for sky.com unable to connect to server

Trying to set up email on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. Have tried pop.tools.sky.com and imap.tools.sky.com but get same error message: Unable to connect to email server to verify your account. No response from server. Need access ASAP as currently can't use Samsung Galaxy S10 phone as dropped in seawater!

Any help gratefully received.  Can access sky emails via Yahoo app on tablet but need email app to connect to retrieve another app account (long story)

All Replies

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: Android email settings for sky.com unable to connect to server

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It may be a long story, but why would being able to access your Sky email via the Yahoo app not be good enough?

Just what app do you want to use, and why do you think your preferred app would be better than Yahoo?

I can think of good reasons not to use the Yahoo app, but I just wonder what your reasons are?

lsg267
Topic Author

Thank you for your reply. The fact is that I need to access Revolut app on tablet as can't use phone and the revolut app (recovering my account) seems to be defaulting to email app rather than Yahoo so can't authenticate my account! Frustrating

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@lsg267 

Try these settings as I don't know if this is what you have used:

Select either "Other" or "Not Yahoo" then use these settings:

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server

Server - imap.tools.sky.com
Port - 993
Requires SSL - Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

Server - smtp.tools.sky.com
Port - 465
Requires SSL - Yes
Requires authentication - Yes

You will then need to generate a 16 digit password and use that instead of your usual one, you can do that here:
https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps?client=email

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Have you tried setting Sky account up using Yahoo option? Once you enter your Sky account details it'll automatically add the imap & smtp servers. I've set up Sky email this way on iPad & Outlook email apps.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
lsg267
Topic Author

I already have Yahoo email but the app I'm trying to use to recover an account wants to default to the Email app on my tablet which I can't seem to set up. Thanks for your reply

lsg267
Topic Author

Tried those settings but still unable to contact server 😞 thanks for your reply

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@lsg267 wrote:

I already have Yahoo email but the app I'm trying to use to recover an account wants to default to the Email app on my tablet which I can't seem to set up. Thanks for your reply

That seems unlikely, A recovery code would normally be sent to an email address not an app.

However what app is the default on your tablet that it appears to be sending it to?

Using the info @caesarome posted previously should be all you need to know, but if you telll us what app it is we may be able to be more specific

Just what tablet is it that you have?

lsg267
Topic Author

Thanks for your reply. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab2. Am on holiday and my phone has been dropped in water! Am trying to access Revolut app but it wants to send code to my phone/or verification email to the Email app on my tablet which is the one I can't set up!

Have since been told by Revolut that can only do recovery on phone not tablet so will have to wait till get home and see if can get phone fixed. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion