Discussion topic: Email locked don't remember security question also did not set recovery phone number

Paul+Ev4ns
Topic Author
This message was authored by Paul+Ev4ns This message was authored by: Paul+Ev4ns

Re: Email locked don't remember security question also did not set recovery phone number

Hi @jayach and @Mark39 yes I have reset the security question and then reset the password 3 times in the last few days. I still keep getting send 6 digit code to email "xxxxxxx@sky.com" also when I try using alternative method it just comes back with too many attempts.

PaulEv4ns_0-1712671387096.jpegPaulEv4ns_1-1712671403942.jpeg

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: Email locked don't remember security question also did not set recovery phone number

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

it's beginning to sound like it's Yahoo that is sending the verification codes.

We have had that before, and the OP was able to resolve it, but it wasn't easy.

Here's the thread, don't know if there will be any help there.

Answered: Sky.Com email verification code is sent to my sky.... | Sky Community

Paul+Ev4ns
Topic Author
This message was authored by Paul+Ev4ns This message was authored by: Paul+Ev4ns

Hi @jayach I have filled out the online complaint form with sky to try and resolve this in the same way as the lady in the link tried. I will keep you posted with any results in due course. Thanks for the support so far P.

This message was authored by arsenal+5 This message was authored by: arsenal+5

Did you get this resolved as I have the same issue.

Paul+Ev4ns
Topic Author

Hi arsenal+5 nope still waiting there is no point phoning either because it costs a fortune to be on hold for 20 mins because most of the helpdesk staff don't understand the problem or they say it is a yahoo problem - which it is NOT. Looking at other posts on this forum it can take weeks to get sorted - really frustrating to be locked out of my main email account it is surprising how daily life depends on an email account these days. I have had no problems in the 24 years I have used this account.... rant over!

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Paul+Ev4ns 

It shouldn't cost you a penny to call Sky if you are a Sky mobile or Sky Talk landline customer and if you are not when calling their 03 number from a phone that has free minutes or free calls it will not cost you a penny.

When calling don't mention it is sn

emsil issue just tell them this is happening to your Sky account because as you have discovered they will try and fob you off to Yahoo as soon as you mention it is an email issue:

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Paul+Ev4ns
Topic Author

Thanks @caesarome so when I call from BT landline the calls to 03 number are free?  And do I mention that I can sign into my sky account (which is working fine) but the authentication for email adds a yahoo captur and diverts to yahoo authentication check. ie a 6 digit number is sent to the sky.com email I am locked out from. Instead of just asking for my email password which everyone is telling me is the same as my sky id password. Looking around this forum loads of users are in the same boat - you would think that sky would have posted the solution by now or at least talked to yahoo to fix the sign in error.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Paul+Ev4ns wrote:

Thanks @caesarome so when I call from BT landline the calls to 03 number are free?  

No. but they are covered by any inclusive minutes you have, so on a moble with ulimited calls they are effectively free. (i.e. there will no no further charge)

On a non-Sky landline they will by covered by a call plan if you have one.

Same as 01 and 02 numbers.

Paul+Ev4ns
Topic Author

@jayach @caesarome  @arsenal+5 @Mark39 recieved a letter from sky in post this morning telling me my complaint case has been closed. This is a disgrace - now I need to go through all this rigmarole again to get my voice heard. I will not let this go until my email is working again. This forum is full of the same complaints - do sky customer services not care about their reputation with paying customers?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Paul+Ev4ns I don't think there are many posts relating to the specific problem you're having, and I'm baffled as to why a Yahoo verification code is being sent in response to your Sky Yahoo Mail account. They're completely different.

I'm afraid you're right, there's no option I can see apart from going through it with Sky again. I would start with what happens when you try to log in here: https://www.sky.com/signin with the same email address and password as you use for your Sky Yahoo Mail account

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion