Discussion topic: Badges

This message was authored by Tungi This message was authored by: Tungi

Badges

What are these sky badges and what's the point of them??🤷‍♀️

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Badges

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You get them when you post on here so the more you post the more you get.

More details here:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Points/bd-p/points

While you’re climbing levels, you can also gain badges. We’ll add a new badge to your user profile every time you reach a milestone, showing the ones you’ve gained up to that point.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

You get them when you post on here so the more you post the more you get.

More details here:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Points/bd-p/points

While you’re climbing levels, you can also gain badges. We’ll add a new badge to your user profile every time you reach a milestone, showing the ones you’ve gained up to that point.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by merv60 This message was authored by: merv60

But to reiterate the OP, what's the point of them? 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Tungi 

Quote from the link in the answer:

"

Badges

"

Thus the badges are to show milestones a user has reached

This message was authored by LadyTai1 This message was authored by: LadyTai1

Exactly what I was thinking.

This message was authored by AkitaX This message was authored by: AkitaX

@Tungi wrote:

I think the more correct answer would be that there isn't a really a point in these badges, it's a pointless gimmick that is a waste of Sky resources that could be put to better use.

@AkitaX wrote:

@Tungi wrote:

I think the more correct answer would be that there isn't a really a point in these badges, it's a pointless gimmick that is a waste of Sky resources that could be put to better use.

What resources? They are a feature of the forum software

It may well be a feature, but I assume it must of took some resources to make, implement and maintain such a feature. Perhaps Sky could have taken the time and resources to include the ability for customers to access their router settings through a desktop application. This should be much more of a priority as these settings and the ability for a user to make changes to them are absolutely crucial for router security. I would much prefer that than some novelty badges.

@AkitaX wrote:

It may well be a feature, but I assume it must of took some resources to make, implement and maintain such a feature. Perhaps Sky could have taken the time and resources to include the ability for customers to access their router settings through a desktop application. This should be much more of a priority as these settings and the ability for a user to make changes to them are absolutely crucial for router security. I would much prefer that than some novelty badges.

It may be a priority to you but it is zero use to me and many others as not all Sky customers have Sky broadband. All Sky customers have access to the forums

I doubt it take resources away from the broadband team as the forums have their own small team also once set up the feature will have hardly any maintenance if any

That's just the same as me saying that the badges are of no use to me. Either way, it's not much of a point of argument, and has distracted the thread away from the original OP question.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@AkitaX wrote:

That's just the same as me saying that the badges are of no use to me. Either way, it's not much of a point of argument, and has distracted the thread away from the original OP question.

Who was it who raised it again after a 7 months' hiatus?

@Mark39 wrote

Who was it who raised it again after a 7 months' hiatus?

That would be me. Due to the fact that I also wondered about the purpose and usefullness of the badges and happened upon this thread. Evidently it seems that even after a "7 months hiatus" others are happy enough to chip in.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Badges are quite a common feature on forums and community type websites.

They take practically no additional resources to maintain aside from the initial enabling them and perhaps actually ticking which badges you want to enable. These types of features are part of the forum software that companies use when they create their own forums, typically included in the base cost of the software.

Some people like badges as it shows milestones and achievements of a user and indeed can be useful as users with loads of badges are typically very frequent visitors to the forum and extremely active so are likely to be giving more accurate responses.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion