Discussion topic: Can’t login to my sky app postcode error

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: Can’t login to my sky app postcode error

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to Mrs+Comatosed. 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - Spoken to Mrs+Comatosed, after a few checks, we found the customer needed to call in. Notes have been left to direct the agent when they get through to the call centre. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by RusstheRhino This message was authored by: RusstheRhino

Hello.

I have re-joined sky today and am getting the same error when accessing the app or my sky account on-line. 

Tried clearing cache on web and removing and re-installing the app on my phone. Neither allows me to progress past the postcode lookup point after entering username/password.

I do have a new SkyID after returning from an old one.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Russ

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RusstheRhino wrote:

I do have a new SkyID after returning from an old one.

@RusstheRhino 

What error you are getting and have you set up a new Sky ID and have provided a different email address during the setup process ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by RusstheRhino This message was authored by: RusstheRhino

Hi @caesarome 

There is not error as such, just cannot click 'Continue' when entering my postcode (both with and without spaces). The option just kinda hangs then doesnt proceed.

I have set up my new email (gmail) account and i believe it is linked to my new SkyID correctly.

Thanks

Russ

@RusstheRhino 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you @caesarome much appreciated.

I'll keep an eye out for this.

Thanks

Russ

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to RusstheRhino.

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-After talking to RusstheRhino we have advised to call our dedicated ID team to best resolve this issue. If there is anything else in the future we can help you with, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks.

This message was authored by KH3 This message was authored by: KH3

Hi all,

it looks like I'm having the same issue as many of you. I need to sign my credit agreement before tomorrow otherwise my order will be cancelled. The issue I have is when im prompted to enter my postcode, nothing happens. I've tried both ways, with a gap and without and nothing. Sky, please help. 

Thanks. 

@KH3 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to @KH3.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Pha13 This message was authored by: Pha13

having the same issue - fine this morning and now can't get past postcode. 

cleared history and change etc.

deleted abd reinstalled app. 

This message was authored by smr24 This message was authored by: smr24

Hi,

I'm having the same issue as everybody else. I'm new to sky -- only opened my account yesterday -- and was told to download the MySky app. But after setting up ID and signing in, there is a very quick popup saying something about "account not authorised", but it disappears too quickly to read it properly. That is followed by the postcode prompt mentioned in this thread, which I can't get past. When I enter my Eircode, nothing happens. The same post code prompt also pops up on sky.com on the browser.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

This message was authored by SammyNagle This message was authored by: SammyNagle

I am having problems logg8ng into the my sky app. I can enter my email address and password but when it says enter your post code it won't let get get past this. Is there an issue with the app. It can't be my account because my account is active and am able to use my sky stream box just fine. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion