Discussion topic: Trouble signing into AppleTV+ 6 mnth free

This message was authored by Mark1066 This message was authored by: Mark1066

Trouble signing into AppleTV+ 6 mnth free

Hi

I recently activated a 6 month free AppleTV account through Sky. Now I have a problem signing in to the AppleTV app/account, it keeps signing me in on an old Apple fsmail account that I had years ago- even though I am using my Sky account login as instructed. 

The fsmail account has NO subscription active, but because I can't access the account I registered with through Sky I am concerned that (aside from the frustration of not watching programs ) I will be billed when the trial comes to an end, but that's not until May.

Any advice would be welcome before I try navigating the Sky/ Apple maze of a help desk 

Thanks in advance. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Trouble signing into AppleTV+ 6 mnth free

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Was the fsmail email adress register with Apple though as somehow it has picked it up so you might need to contact them about getting it removed an updated to your current one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Is your account correct on your Apple ID ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Mark1066
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mark1066 This message was authored by: Mark1066

This is the problem. I HAD an Apple account 7 years ago when I had an iPhone.  I don't have one now. I haven't used that Apple account since and I didn't use it to activate the 6 month trial.

Somehow, my old inaccessible fsmail account has been linked to Sky/Apple app, although I never registered the fsmail with Sky!

In all honesty I don't have a clue why this has happened. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Was the fsmail email adress register with Apple though as somehow it has picked it up so you might need to contact them about getting it removed an updated to your current one.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion