Discussion topic: Disabled person and TV , apps etc

This message was authored by lugsy99 This message was authored by: lugsy99

Disabled person and TV , apps etc

Hi, I work at a home for disabled people and one of our guys is struggling to use the larger accessible remote. His condition unfortunately will deteriorate and as such I am trying to look ahead to help him. I was thinking is there a way to control sky and the apps with it Netflix etc via an iPad?

I could set the iPad up on a table and using a stylus or even head pointer could activate the screen on the iPad to change channel, volume, access Netflix.

I don't have access to an iPad so unsure if this exists.

Any suggestions appreciated.

All Replies

lugsy99
Topic Author

Re: Disabled person and TV , apps etc

Another idea would be to maybe go via sky glass and I record voice commands onto an ipad that the person selects. eg Volume up, channel down, go to main sports . Does Sky glass work like that? Thanks.

lugsy99
Topic Author

Re: Disabled person and TV , apps etc

Seems like I may have hit a brick wall with this here but for anyone coming across the same problems I may have found several solutions.

HouseMate -very expensive option but looks amazing.

Broadlink -cheaper option that looks as if you can add infa red technology to an ipad, phone etc and then add any remote controls. Will be testing this option in the near future and will come back to share.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion