Discussion topic: Is there a simpler remote control for a person with dementia using the sky stream system ?

This message was authored by Stephanie24 This message was authored by: Stephanie24

Is there a simpler remote control for a person with dementia using the sky stream system ?

My mum has recently installed Sky Stream but we find she is sitting watching the blue screen/ ads for Sky programmes as she cannot use the remote control.  Does anyone know is there a dementia friendly remote for Sky Stream as she needs her TV

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Is there a simpler remote control for a person with dementia using the sky stream system ?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Not for Sky Stream, so far as I know. Your mum might find voice control easier? 

Alternatively you could try searching online for a 3rd party remote that might suit her better.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Is there a simpler remote control for a person with dementia using the sky stream system ?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Not for Sky Stream, so far as I know. Your mum might find voice control easier? 

Alternatively you could try searching online for a 3rd party remote that might suit her better.

Stephanie24
Topic Author
This message was authored by Stephanie24 This message was authored by: Stephanie24

Thanks for the reply, she wouldn't manage the voice control either but I will look into other remotes. Thanks again 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion