Discussion topic: Ad skipping

This message was authored by Hammers This message was authored by: Hammers

Ad skipping

When we got sky glass it was never explained that in the future we would have to pay for add skipping, I find this ridiculous and sky just want more money each month, I have been a sky customer for a number of years , with all this paying for extra channels, because the programmes we use to like are on Disney, I know sky haven't always got control, but come on, start looking after your customers, I rang this morning and wow I have an extra two months free add skipping big deal, not happy

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Ad skipping

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hammers  I agree 100% that charging for Add Skipping is unwarranted.  It is especially galling when the FF & RW on the streaming platform is so bad and hit and miss.

There are many posts on the forum saying that if you cancel Add Skipping Sky will offer you a further free period but I have not been able to try it myself as I have a problem with viewing "Your Products" on the MySky App.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hammers wrote:

with all this paying for extra channels, because the programmes we use to like are on Disney, I know sky haven't always got control, 

Sky Group has zero control over how the Disney Corporation chooses to distribute its century-long back catalogue of intellectual property.  The same will be true if Warner Bros Discovery Inc decides to stream HBO content into their Max app rather than permitting Sky to broadcast it on Atlantic from next year.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Hammers 

You don't need to have Sky to have Disney+. You don't need to have Sky to get most of the content shown on their service. The streaming market is much more competitive than the satellite service. 

Sky make it (relatively) easy to get everything in one place, but you can often end up paying extra for the privilege. 

It's more important than ever these days to work out what you want from a TV service, how much you want to pay for it and what you want to watch it on. There are many options available. 

Sky is great if you're a sports fan - you can get pretty much everything in excellent quality from them, but it'll cost you... 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion