Discussion topic: Thick black line on my sky glass tv

This message was authored by Maria881 This message was authored by: Maria881

Thick black line on my sky glass tv

I've put on my sky glass TV on this morning and there is a thick black line on the right hand side, it hasn't been hit with anything so not sure what's gone on?

All Replies

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Re: Thick black line on my sky glass tv

Try unplugging  the tv for a few minutes  and see if that clears it

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Maria881  I had a vertical 2 inch wide line running through my Glass Screen and I unplugged the TV overnight and the next morning when I plugged it back in again the line had disappeared and thankfully it never returned.

It may or may not cure the problem but it's worth a try.  If it doesn't fix the issue or if the line returns in the future I would call Sky for some more troubleshooting and possibly a replacement Glass TV.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Maria881 

It's a very well known software glitch that's been present in Sky Glass since it launched back in 2021. It can happen randomly to anyone who owns one, but as @Fothergill1 mentions - it's usually cleared by rebooting the TV. If it doesn't clear, give Sky a ring and explain the situation. If you're still within warranty then they should offer a replacement. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion