Discussion topic: can't watch any channels. keep getting a message to please wait but nothing ever happens

This message was authored by ah1105 This message was authored by: ah1105

can't watch any channels. keep getting a message to please wait but nothing ever happens

none of my channels will load so i can't watch anything on the tv at all.  anyone know what i should do? have tried switching off and back on again and this doesn't fix the issue.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: can't watch any channels. keep getting a message to please wait but nothing ever happens

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ah1105  I don't know what caused it but I had exactly the same thing this morning.  No live TV and I even tried a couple of Apps with the same result. This is the first issue I have had for months.

I rebooted my Stream puck and have had no problem since.  I appreciate you have Glass but the same thing would apply.  To do a reboot simply switch off your Glass at the plug socket and wait for a minute before switching it on again.  It will take about a minute to reboot.

(I am assuming that your Glass usually works OK).

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: can't watch any channels. keep getting a message to please wait but nothing ever happens

Hi @ah1105 

What's your internet speed? This usually indicates an issue with the WiFi connection or internet speed. Glass needs 25Mbps for HD and 30Mbps for UHD. You might have a better experience connecting your Glass via ethernet cable and turning WiFi off in the settings.

MikeAlanR 

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@ah1105 wrote:

none of my channels will load so i can't watch anything on the tv at all.  anyone know what i should do? have tried switching off and back on again and this doesn't fix the issue.

Open the Netflix app of the Glass go to Get Help and Check Your Network and look at the download speed being reported.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

ah1105
Topic Author

Hi, thank you so much. ive done exactly what you said and my speed is 70.17mbps.  that's a good speed isn't it?

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Hi @ah1105 

Yes that should be more than enough for wtaching. I would recommend turning your TV off at the wall for a prolonged period (5 or 10 minutes) and then try again. Still consider an ethernet cable as you will have a much more stable experience.

If you are still having issues a quick reboot of your router may also help.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

@ah1105  I don't know what caused it but I had exactly the same thing this morning.  No live TV and I even tried a couple of Apps with the same result. This is the first issue I have had for months.

I rebooted my Stream puck and have had no problem since.  I appreciate you have Glass but the same thing would apply.  To do a reboot simply switch off your Glass at the plug socket and wait for a minute before switching it on again.  It will take about a minute to reboot.

(I am assuming that your Glass usually works OK).

ah1105
Topic Author

thanks I will try that. i've only had the tv for a couple of weeks.  Things were so much easier with sky Q! 🙂

ah1105
Topic Author

switching the socket off at the wall worked! thank you so much 😀

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@ah1105 That's great news. If you get any issues in the future the reboot is the first thing to try.  It won't solve everything but it does often help if it is just a software glitch.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion