Discussion topic: Android sky go error "because of a technical issue you cannot watch this channel"

This message was authored by JattLad This message was authored by: JattLad

Android sky go error "because of a technical issue you cannot watch this channel"

For months I've been having Sky Go connectivity issues etc. giving various error messages on multiple android devices connected to my home WiFi. The app is currently connected to my Sky Q box, I can watch recordings but when I try to watch some channels, I regularly get an error message e.g. "Because of a technical issue you cannot watch this channel.....". Sometimes closing the app and restarting helps, clearing cache makes no difference, at other times I have had to reboot mobile device or even uninstall and reinstall the app. Occasionally none of this works. Nobody else uses my Sky Go access.

PLEASE HELP!!

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Android sky go error "because of a technical issue you cannot watch this channel"

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You might have already done this but try linking your Sky ID to your account as per this:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-id-cant-access-all-my-services

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
JattLad
Topic Author

Re: Android sky go error "because of a technical issue you cannot watch this channel"

Thanks for your reply. I checked yesterday and my Sky ID is definitely linked to my account. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JattLad 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to @JattLad.

Thanks
Tom
JattLad
Topic Author

I really appreciate it, thank you

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion