Discussion topic: BBC, CNN dropping out of SkyGo but not other stations. Why?

This message was authored by aceofhearts This message was authored by: aceofhearts

BBC, CNN dropping out of SkyGo but not other stations. Why?

I have noticed this problem on all Mac devices over the past 2 years. Its obv not a wifi prob or a station problem. Restart/boot of device not helpful. What is the casue of this random occurence?

All Replies

This message was authored by Only+A+Lad This message was authored by: Only+A+Lad

Re: BBC, CNN dropping out of SkyGo but not other stations. Why?

This has been happening on my IPads as well. Frustrating.

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @aceofhearts

Can you explain in a bit more detail what you mean and I can raise this with the Sky Go tech team? 

Thanks,

Clare 

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I believe those channels are only available when streaming form the Q box, so won't be visible if you're not connected to it?

aceofhearts
Topic Author
This message was authored by aceofhearts This message was authored by: aceofhearts

@Clareridds Thank you Clare. The SkyQ box is properly connected but occ BBC, CNN and maybe other stations drop out. It's obv not Wi-Fi related as that is ok.  

aceofhearts
Topic Author

@rscott I am connected to Sky Q box as many other channels working. And today, BBC and CNN, etc have returned without me doing anything. What is going on?

BTW thanks for all your interest guys. Really appreciate it. I'm not a techy.

aceofhearts
Topic Author

@Clareridds Hi Clare, any answers on the problem of (selected) station dropout yet?

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @aceofhearts, have those channels returned now and you can watch them without issues?

I can forward the issue onto the tech team but it could be a one off that is now resolved. 

Thanks 

Clareridds

Community Manager

aceofhearts
Topic Author

@Clareridds The problem has not been solved Clare because we don't know what is causing it. As I said, the stations mentioned drop out and reappear again spontaneously. WiFi is OK, SkyQ box is OK. Turning iPad off/on has worked previously but now I wonder if that was just a coincidence.

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @aceofhearts, your pevious post suggests the channels have reappeared and I'm identifying whether they have dropped again for you, or you are able to watch these as normal now? 

I've reported the issue to the correct team who are looking into it.

Thanks,

Clare 

Clareridds

Community Manager

aceofhearts
Topic Author

@Clareridds Oh sorry Clare, I've just now tried and ......yes they are back.

Posted by a Sky employee

@aceofhearts ok great, please keep us updated if these disappear again or you have any other issues.

Thanks 

Clareridds

Community Manager

This message was authored by mar181602 This message was authored by: mar181602

Hi,

As you have identified yourself as a Sky technician, what is really going on with SKY Q ON THE IPAD in the home not showing us BBC and CNN online? 
It seems a lot of issues are going on with these 2 channels. 

This message was authored by Asari This message was authored by: Asari

It happens all the time. It just happened again 2mins ago

This message was authored by mar181602 This message was authored by: mar181602

Hi again. 
This week it should be noticed that some of us here in Ireland are loosing CNN NEWS and BBC World news on Sky Q with no straight reply coming from Sky in Ireland coming through. Why ??

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion