Discussion topic: Sky go auto rotate not working

This message was authored by Cabbage74 This message was authored by: Cabbage74

Sky go auto rotate not working

I have a S20 and have just had the latest update. Now Sky go won't rotate into landscape mode. There is no setting in sky go to turn this on and the only setting on my Samsung for rotate is to turn on home screen rotate. The auto rotate option is not there any more. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this as it's basically unusable with out landscape mode?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky go auto rotate not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Could anything or any setting be causing this to happen, for example on an iphone a portrait lock can stop the app from rotating. Will other apps like YouTube rotate ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Cabbage74
Topic Author

Thabk you for your reply. No, the only rotate setting available now is for the home screen rotate and I have this turned on. I am not sure why but in the latest android updates a lot of settings have been removed. So the auto rotate setting is no longer there.

This message was authored by MacRH6 This message was authored by: MacRH6

The problem is with the Sky Go  app. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and football or cinema films will not rotate. When I use TNT Sport to watch football it automatically rotates. The only one that does not work is the Sky Go app.

Cabbage74
Topic Author

Drag down from the top and go into your settings there. I found mine had been turned off in the update. Turned on auto rotate there and now all ok. Hope that helps

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion