Discussion topic: Can’t connect to a channel, says i need to upgrade but i have that subscription

This message was authored by claire134 This message was authored by: claire134

Can’t connect to a channel, says i need to upgrade but i have that subscription

trying to watch the football and get told i need to upgrade when i have payed for sky sports and i can't even watch channels like ITV it tell me i need to upgrade my package 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Can’t connect to a channel, says i need to upgrade but i have that subscription

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@claire134 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will need to respond to it as soon as you can or it will be closed if there is no response within 48 hours.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by SaffronJo This message was authored by: SaffronJo

Re: Can’t connect to a channel, says i need to upgrade but i have that subscription

I'm having the same issue. Can watch on my iPhone but, when trying to watch on my PC, I'm getting a code 1410 error.

@SaffronJo 

Make sure you are signed in with the correct Sky ID as a 1410 error suggests that you might not be.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @claire134  an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by ncall1976 This message was authored by: ncall1976

Same problem here error 1410, but only ever used 1 account login for sky

@ncall1976 

Are you new to Sky or have you recently returned after being away for 18 months or more ?

What are you trying to watch ?

What TV packages do you subscribe to ?

What device are you using ?

This message was authored by Kgergely This message was authored by: Kgergely

I have the same issue, got Sky Stream with Whole home, TNT sports and every possible package subscribed, yet Sky Go still tells me I need to upgrade my subscription. Can't even watch itv... neither one of our iPads can play anything and can't manage devices either in the app, gives a server error message.

@Kgergely 

Give this a try if you are yet to do this:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-id-cant-access-all-my-services

This message was authored by Kgergely This message was authored by: Kgergely

@caesarome thanks so much that solved it!

now my sky ID is showing a big fat error that's it's linked to an old unused account but everything is working, so I'll just ignore that 🤣

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion