Discussion topic: Cast on sky go

This message was authored by Ashok28 This message was authored by: Ashok28

Cast on sky go

I have the sky go app on my phone and was told if I had Chromecast 3 or ultra, I could screen mirror what I am watching on the sky go app to my tv but there is no cast icon on the sky go app, can someone please explain how I can do this or is there another way of doing it?

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Cast on sky go

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It is't possible to cast Sky Go via anything like Chromecast.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

It is't possible to cast Sky Go via anything like Chromecast.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

As mentioned above.

Using the smartphone or tablet apps on iOS and Android there is no capability to cast to another screen or TV.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by ChrisL54 This message was authored by: ChrisL54

The only place where you can cast Skygo via Chromecast is New Zealand, it is not supported anywhere else, I don't know why that is, but it is.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@ChrisL54 wrote:

The only place where you can cast Skygo via Chromecast is New Zealand, it is not supported anywhere else, I don't know why that is, but it is.

Sky Network Television Limited (NZ) is unrelated to Sky Group (a division of Comcast) apart from some shared distant history (NewsCorp shareholding) and some misleadingly similar current product names.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Grapplegutter This message was authored by: Grapplegutter

I have downloaded Sky go on my tablet which is Amazaon fire (Android), but now is just shows with 0% downloaded on the right hand side and I can see the Sky go icon on the left but I have tried everything, but it seems frozen and there fore when I try to re-install another Sky go it states that I already have one.  Can anyone help with this?

This message was authored by Andy+Buzz+Hunter This message was authored by: Andy+Buzz+Hunter

Hi there is lots of conflicting websites saying that you can cast from sky go to a Chromecast but if you look closely all these sites are referring to sky Go in New Zealand (sky.co.nz) and not sky go in the UK (sky.com)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion