Discussion topic: Xbox Sky Go Judder

This message was authored by JamesChatz This message was authored by: JamesChatz

Xbox Sky Go Judder

Hi, 

In the past few weeks I've noticed a distinct judder/ stutter in the picture when using the Sky Go app on the Xbox series X. It's particularly noticeable when watching sports e.g football or F1. 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and have even factory reset the Xbox but it's still the same. 

I noticed the app outputs at 60Hz but I can't see a way to force it to 50Hz incase it was that. 

Is anyone else having the same issue or can you offer any suggestions? 

All Replies

This message was authored by popacatapetal This message was authored by: popacatapetal

Re: Xbox Sky Go Judder

Check the Judder Setting on the TV you have connected the xbox to and try changing it.

JamesChatz
Topic Author
This message was authored by JamesChatz This message was authored by: JamesChatz

The TV is 10+ years old so it doesn't have any of those features unfortunately. I've been using this setup for over 2 years with no issues which is why I wondered whether there had been an update which has changed something. 

This message was authored by Dwoobox13 This message was authored by: Dwoobox13

I've noticed exactly the same thing on my Xbox Series X, it used to be fine then there was a random update and now the frame rate appears to be off (or at least down to 10/15)

I've tried- 

- deleting the app and reinstalling

- Tried the app on a different connection 

- Tried to app on a different console 

- Tried the app on a different profile 

Nothing appears to be fixing this issue, I fully believe the last and newest update wasn't optimised correctly for XSX (even though I tested it on Series S too and same issue)

any solutions or ideas? Cheers!

JamesChatz
Topic Author

Anyone got any other suggestions for this? It's happening to a few people which suggests it's an issue with the app update rather than a personal setup one

This message was authored by jdavies950 This message was authored by: jdavies950

Same issue here. Anybody found a way to fix this?

I've still not got anywhere further . Tried Sky 1st line fixes (reset the box, reset router- even though the box is fine, update the software) all nothing. 

The issue is purely the Xbox app, and it was working fine before the latest update. I want to point out that it's doing it on all channels (it's just most noticeable on sports) 

So, from an IT POV- needs an update to the update, or roll back to the previous version, because this Sky version for Xbox isn't goooood. I'm still due to raise a proper call ticket with Sky (unless anyone else has?) soon

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you're in the xbox inssider programme you could also use "Report A Problem" to notify Microsoft who will in turn send the report on the Sky

Hey, 

im 50/50 if i am, but I'll check and report if im in the programme - Cheers!

So, spoke to live chat Sky and they suggested the Xbox Report a problem too, so I've joined Xbox Insiders and reported the problem, used a recording clip and reported it- but might be worth a couple more people here doing the same thing for more traction? 

Hoping this starts a road to fix this issue, prolonged time watching Sky on the Xbox gives me a real headache!

This message was authored by DAN123DANNY This message was authored by: DAN123DANNY

Im having the same issue. Did anyone find a fix? I use Peacock (through a VPN) on my Xbox series X and that works fine. I think its an issue with the Sky Go App as people have sugguested above. Very frustrating!

This message was authored by Richardr1 This message was authored by: Richardr1

@DAN123DANNY wrote:

Im having the same issue. Did anyone find a fix? I use Peacock (through a VPN) on my Xbox series X and that works fine. I think its an issue with the Sky Go App as people have sugguested above. Very frustrating!

An American app won't be 25 / 50 Hz and so won't exhibit the same behaviour.

There are ways the app can be fixed by Sky - the iPlayer gets the frame rate right. I've always had the issue with the Sky Go app, also with the UK Discovery app for example. I can take it and barely notice with most programmes, but sport is an issue with its fast movement (as is the likes of the ticker on Sky News).

Sky Q 2TB box and one Minibox
This message was authored by Teddy94 This message was authored by: Teddy94

Has anyone solved this issue yet? 

I've been noticing it for a while now, it's very annoying

JamesChatz
Topic Author

It's still the same - it's definitely a sky/ app issue so they will need to update it with a fix

This message was authored by Wellsy5 This message was authored by: Wellsy5

Exact same issue here with judder/frame rate issues.

I have no such issues on the PS5 version of the app, albeit that does have another annoying issue (forced HDR mode which is wrong & ruins picture quality!).

But Sky are notoriously bad at supporting & updating Sky Go apps, especially on consoles!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion