Discussion topic: Does Sky Go have a Mac OS Sonoma problem

This message was authored by DigitalGroov This message was authored by: DigitalGroov

Does Sky Go have a Mac OS Sonoma problem

Sky Go keeps buffering when watching some chanels, on other chanels it does it less freuquently than others, It was ok Intel Macs but a problem on Apple silicon Macs

Best Answers
This message was authored by trevforum This message was authored by: trevforum Answer

Re: Does Sky Go have a Mac OS Sonoma problem

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I have the occasional problem on my Mac Mini M1 but I use CleanMyMac and it seems clearing the caches makes it more stable.  Also using the beta version helps.  Also, Sky Go is not very efficient and uses a lot of resources (memory, CPU).

——————————————————-
Sky Stream, Sky Glass, Panasonic DX902, Pioneer LX-901 7.1.4

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by trevforum This message was authored by: trevforum Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I have the occasional problem on my Mac Mini M1 but I use CleanMyMac and it seems clearing the caches makes it more stable.  Also using the beta version helps.  Also, Sky Go is not very efficient and uses a lot of resources (memory, CPU).

——————————————————-
Sky Stream, Sky Glass, Panasonic DX902, Pioneer LX-901 7.1.4
DigitalGroov
Topic Author
This message was authored by DigitalGroov This message was authored by: DigitalGroov

Not sure clean my Mac will help, it is  a MacBook Pro 14 M2 pro with 16gb memory only a few months old,  I think the issue is with sky go, you are right the app is resource hungry 

This message was authored by mattyc17 This message was authored by: mattyc17

I also have this problem and nothing I do seems to fix it, has anyone found a fix yet?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion