Discussion topic: I am a Sky Ireland customer & I am staying in Italy for 2 weeks. SkyGo will not work for me.

This message was authored by Pauliwallnuts This message was authored by: Pauliwallnuts

I am a Sky Ireland customer & I am staying in Italy for 2 weeks. SkyGo will not work for me.

I am a SKY ROI customer & I am staying in Italy for 2 weeks. Italy is an EU country as Is ROI therefore  I should be able to watch SKYGO here just like I can when at home. How do I get this fixed?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: I am a Sky Ireland customer & I am staying in Italy for 2 weeks. SkyGo will not work for me.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What is happening when you try to use Sky Go as you haven't said what is happening ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Pauliwallnuts
Topic Author
This message was authored by Pauliwallnuts This message was authored by: Pauliwallnuts

Re: I am a Sky Ireland customer & I am staying in Italy for 2 weeks. SkyGo will not work for me.

I get a message stating your SKY content is not viewable in this country. Then it directs to a url describing how BREXIT means UK customers can no longer view their content in the EU. Last time I checked the ROI is still in the EU & therefore this should not be an issue for us. Sky Ireland explicitly say SKYGO will work in all EU countries. But its not working for me

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Pauliwallnuts 

There have been previous posts about the same issue: unfortunately it seems to be a low priority for Sky.  As you indicate, a subscription in RoI undoubtedly comes under EU streaming regulations, although this is complicated when Sky is essentially a UK-based division of a US corporation.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Pauliwallnuts
Topic Author

Does anyone have a customer service number I can contact then with?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Pauliwallnuts 

Under "Need more help ?" link at the bottom of the page on this link is the number to call Sky on:

https://www.sky.com/help/home

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@caesarome wrote:

@Pauliwallnuts 

Under "Need more help ?" link at the bottom of the page on this link is the number to call Sky on:

https://www.sky.com/help/home

Unfortunately I don't think a non-geographic number listed there is going to work from Italy.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Dave+Gorman This message was authored by: Dave+Gorman

Same problem, ROI customer but cannot view Skygo in Italy, very frustrating. I have found 7 contact numbers for Sky variety of 0818 and 0333 nothing works and have run out of ideas. Anyone know how to contact Sky ROI customer service?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion