Discussion topic: Join the Latest Sky Go Trial for PC (Windows and Mac)

This message was authored by EMJ This message was authored by: EMJ

Re: Join the Latest Sky Go Trial for PC (Windows and Mac)

Still no joy with the beta, it stops at the verification step. Any thoughts from Sky?

This message was authored by 9387TonyH This message was authored by: 9387TonyH

@Jimmy7062 

How did you get it to work ?

This message was authored by phil2265 This message was authored by: phil2265

@9387TonyH  I would assume @Jimmy7062

followed my fix suggestion . I also have a lenovo windows 10 laptop as the fix is still working 3 days later🤞 As a side note you may want to delete any installer downloads in your download folder and if possible use the OLDEST download link you have to install sky go on to your hard drive. (Remember to delete the latest beta test and folders first). BEFORE  opening the app double check that you've cleared Windows 8 compatibility,  and fingers crossed 🤞 it should open 😊

This message was authored by Jimmy7062 This message was authored by: Jimmy7062

Still had old version of sky go on PC did the fix then ran the installer file.  Accepted all cookies then did the sign in to sky. Make sure you open the file after downloading so you can run the installation process as it does not ask you want you want to do with the file. Some other file fixes have pop up messages asking you what you want to do with the file.

This message was authored by RayP123 This message was authored by: RayP123

That version at last loaded fine and seems to have fixed the frustration of not having SkyGo on my laptop. Thanks for the link.

This message was authored by Golden+Pear This message was authored by: Golden+Pear

@Chloe-W22 

Finally got this to work on my laptop which is running Windows 10 but no luck whatsoever on my PC running Windows 11.

When are Sky going to fix this problem and make it compatible for Windows 11 which Microsoft are now rolling out en masse.

I haven't been able to use Sky-go on my PC since last November and am getting fed-up with the lack on response by Sky to the problem.

This message was authored by Chick+Donnelly This message was authored by: Chick+Donnelly

Hi,

Had this problem even after uninstalling app etc. Downloaded the beta and turned off my firewall and the app then started to work.

This message was authored by Golden+Pear This message was authored by: Golden+Pear

@Chick+Donnelly 

Have tried all of this before and still no joy. Someone suggested removing Citrix might do the trick but as I need this for work I won't do that so I will just have to use my much smaller laptop to watch Skygo 

This message was authored by square+eyes8 This message was authored by: square+eyes8

same problems here, running beta on windows 10 linx tablet. the app would open up then hang with a black screen. I found that if I clicked  the sky icon on the task bar to minimise the app then clicked again it worked. 

might help someone.

This message was authored by StJohnstone This message was authored by: StJohnstone

When the app opens up, it gives the message 'Searching for updates; then after a few seconds crashes and shuts down.

Same with me  😞

This message was authored by Pierre+C This message was authored by: Pierre+C

Sky Go Beta version downloaded to Windows 10 Platform (Desktop).

No issues, all working well

Thanks

Just tried the latest version and excatly the same as before.  Sky Go opens, checks for updates and after a few seconds it closes itself down.

Have cleared out any previous installation, cleaned up the registry etc.

Glad it works on my kindle.....

This message was authored by colton This message was authored by: colton

Solved the connection error for me.  Thanks

This message was authored by Dani++A This message was authored by: Dani++A

Hi Sky Team. I'm trying to get Sky Go to work through my projector. I have Sky Go on my Android phone but I've tried mirroring, that doesnt work (I believe thats not possible with Sky Go). I've tried downloading this trial to my laptop but it doesnt seem to work on my laptop. 

Any suggestion on where I can go from here please?

Many Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion