Discussion topic: Join the Latest Sky Go Trial for PC (Windows and Mac)

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Join the Latest Sky Go Trial for PC (Windows and Mac)

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You are talking to other customers here.

It will not work via your phone as it is blicked due to rights reasons and it might not work from the laptop either for similar reasons.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by All+I+want+is+sky This message was authored by: All+I+want+is+sky

I still cannot get sky go I have tried you windows link

Chloe-W22
Topic Author
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey all,

We’d like to invite customers to take part in trialing the upcoming version of Sky Go for desktops (Windows and Mac).

What’s included in this release?

In this version of the app we have identified a reason why the app has been crashing on launch when using a Windows device.

Please note: there are multiple reasons why an app can crash on launch. If you still continue to experience this, please complete the fault survey below with as much detail as possible.

How do I install the trial build?

You will be able to download the Windows version of the trial build using the following link:

Windows

Mac

Once downloaded, please follow any on-screen messages you see.

How do you report any issues on this build?

We’ve made it super easy to report any issues, simply complete our short fault survey. If further information is required, we will let you know via email address you include within your survey response.

Thanks,

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

An updated version of the Sky Go desktop trial can be found on the next page or by clicking here.

Hi there

We’d like to invite customers to take part in trialing the next Sky Go version for desktops (Windows and Mac).

What’s included in this release?

In this version we have a number of backend bug fixes.

How do I install the trial build?

You will be able to download the version of the trial build using the following link:

Windows 

Mac 

Once downloaded, please follow any on-screen messages you see.

NB: Should you find that the app crashes after the installation, can you please remove the app from your device completely, before re-attempting the installation. If you continue to experience problems, can you please make sure that you fill out the survey below.

How do you report any issues on this build?

We’ve made it super easy to report any issues, simply complete our short fault survey . If further information is required, we will let you know via email address you include within your survey response.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by EMJ This message was authored by: EMJ

Captcha still not working. Same issue as before. When is this going to be fixed please?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@EMJ wrote:

When is this going to be fixed please?

If you and everyone else who is seeing a fault with captcha on this beta version were to fill in the fault survey then it might help to get it fixed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Done this... and I'm in email contact with someone from the trial team. But it doesn't seem to be helping, does it? 

This message was authored by Golden+Pear This message was authored by: Golden+Pear

@Chloe-W22 @KevNewMedia 

I have tried yet again to instal Skygo from this new link and still have the same problem.

It opens, says it is checking for updates then downloading updates  After that the app just closes on its own.

Can't complete the survey as I don't know my viewing card number and can't find it on my sky.

Not happy at all as I have spent 9 months without being able to use skygo on my PC yet my sky bill just keeps increasing.

It is about time you managed to get this app working correctly.

This message was authored by GrumpyPete This message was authored by: GrumpyPete

22.9.10 iunstaller sent my skygo windows desktop app back to the error that i can't connect 001 and PFE004. i had it working for a week on teh previous app. please stop breaking your app. i'll assume it'll be another couple months before i receive a working app again? marvellous work sky, bravo!

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@Golden+Pear wrote:

@Chloe-W22 @KevNewMedia 

I have tried yet again to instal Skygo from this new link and still have the same problem.

It opens, says it is checking for updates then downloading updates  After that the app just closes on its own.

Can't complete the survey as I don't know my viewing card number and can't find it on my sky.

Not happy at all as I have spent 9 months without being able to use skygo on my PC yet my sky bill just keeps increasing.

Sorry to hear that you are still having trouble.  After failing to update, did you remove the App from your PC completely before trying to new update?  

Your viewing card number can be found in the My Sky App, on sky.com or from the box itself.  The development and trials team will need this for tracking the issue for you.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

The survey link is broken... unbelievably poor service from Sky.

Please escalate this to your manager as you clearly aren't performing in line with Sky's high standards...

This message was authored by GrumpyPete This message was authored by: GrumpyPete

survey link broken. can we roll back an app pls 22.9.1 aint doing it for me at all. usually when u update the ebat i can reinstall the official one (going thru the nonsense of deleting the appdata rubbish along with the compatabiulity with run as admin adn app retstart **bleep**.).

im aware my laptop is slightly older but everything else runs absolutely fine. no hiccups. my home office pc runs skygo fine, not an issue but when im working and want something on next to me on old laptop. its a lottery whetehr it'll work or not. why keep faffing with it? never had such issues with virgin media. so tempted..

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@Golden+Pear wrote:

@Chloe-W22 @KevNewMedia 

How do I find my viewing card number?

You can find your viewing card number using your remote:-

• For Sky Q press Home on your Sky Q remote, select Settings, then select System Information
  • For Sky+ HD press Services on your Sky+ HD remote, select Settings, then select System Details

Or log into your account online and go to 'Account Info'

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

I've just downloaded this and besides initially not loading Sky News (it's fine now but I did fill in the form anyway) it seems a little bit snappier than the release version. No other issues that I can see so far.

Where is this recaptcha issue occurring for people? Just accessing the report form?

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"

Posted by a Sky employee

I've updated the feedback form with the correct URL guys

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion