Discussion topic: Join the Latest Sky Go Trial for PC (Windows and Mac)

This message was authored by Jimmy7062 This message was authored by: Jimmy7062

Re: Join the Latest Sky Go Trial for PC (Windows and Mac)

Downloaded the only issue is that sky news channel screen freezes but the audio doesn't . Have to come out and go back in to rectify the problem as the audio and pictures are out of sync.  No access to the survey as it is closed.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@Jimmy7062 wrote:

Downloaded the only issue is that sky news channel screen freezes but the audio doesn't . Have to come out and go back in to rectify the problem as the audio and pictures are out of sync.  No access to the survey as it is closed.

Can you try the form again please @Jimmy7062 - I updated it this morning

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

I submitted an issue with Sky News Live but the email in response is slightly confusing. I'm guessing that "Could you please let me know if this happens again here?" doesn't mean that I reply to the email but carry on using the fault submission form?

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Colin0000 wrote:

doesn't mean that I reply to the email but carry on using the fault submission form?

You would need to fill in the form again I believe.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by ShaunD74 This message was authored by: ShaunD74

Hi,

App is hanging at Verification stage after hitting Submit. Tried several times and installed / re-installed / changed password, etc.  Please help!

This message was authored by raj-basi This message was authored by: raj-basi

Hi I've had the "checking for updates then crashing bug" on sky go for about a month now. I've tried reinstalling by deleting the relevant sky,sky go and cisco folders and installing this new trial build but getting the same result.

When I run the program as admin I get an error PFE 4002 showing for about 5 seconds before it prompts me to accept preferences. Once accepted, the app restarts, checks for updates then crashes again. I have tried the compatibility fix with this error and it does not work too.

Is there any way to escalate this problem to the app team, all solutions shown in this thread are not working.

If you are using the beta version (and you are posting where people are discussing thisone) then you need to fill in the fault form in the first post.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Steve0one This message was authored by: Steve0one

Installed the Sky Go App as my TV died Yesterday morning 31 august 2022 R.I.P TV haha! Sorry but you got to laugh in life or its dperessing, anyway after 6yrs of constant use, so that I could carry on enjoying my channels from Sky but.. I get a (Try Again - Button) I have clicked it over 10 times and nothing happens, tried all the suggested fixes from the Sky Help community pages, I have the same error with the recent BETA version. I have even tried my older version 20 install same error. Went back to the latest 22.9.1 version and left it over night still no go sadly. Works on my phone but it hurts my eyes to watch long periods on that.
I've also filled out the posted Survey give all the details it asked for. Here is the phot of what I get constant:

SkyGo Connecting Your Application.png

Apologize if its been posted many times, I'm just adding my self to the (Not fixed) pool of users.

This message was authored by raj-basi This message was authored by: raj-basi

I have filled out the fault report form, what happens next?

@raj-basi 

If Sky want more information from you then they will contact you on the email address you used when filling out the form. 

This message was authored by 9387TonyH This message was authored by: 9387TonyH

And then it all goes quiet..............

This message was authored by Gizmodo This message was authored by: Gizmodo

Can you update the normal SkyQ download page for Mac because that version won't install, it just gives "Unsupported URL".  It then takes hours of searching to find this beta that does work.

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-apps/sky-go-what-do-you-need-help-with/articles/sky-go-install-com...

This message was authored by Golden+Pear This message was authored by: Golden+Pear

After almost a year without SkyGo on my PC I am nearly at the giving up stage.  I am retiring at the end of the month and will be removing Citrix and as I have heard on here that might be a problem I am witing until then to try to re-install the app.  I am not holding out much hope of this working but will try it anyway.

Sky seem to be to intent on developing new things to work on supporting the things they already offer yet they prices still keep going up and the support seems to be going down.

Come on Sky and get your finger out in support of your loyal customers before you go chasing new ones.

Chloe-W22
Topic Author
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there,

We’d like to invite customers to take part in trialing the next Sky Go version for desktops (Windows and Mac).

What’s included in this release?

• HD quality streams – up to now only some Sky Sports channels have been HD quality (720p). Once you’ve updated to this new version, all live TV and on demand content will be displayed in HD (720p) quality.
  • Mac icon size – we have reduced the size of the Sky Go app icon in the tray to be the same size as other apps .
  • PFE-8000 – we have resolved an issue impacting some customers experiencing this error when trying to view or download on demand content.
  • Various other backend bug fixes.

How do I install the trial build?

You will be able to download the version of the trial build using the following link:

Windows

Mac

Once downloaded, please follow any on-screen messages you see.

NB: Should you find that the app crashes after the installation, can you please remove the app from your device completely, before re-attempting the installation.

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by TheFinger1 This message was authored by: TheFinger1

Hi Chole - this latest version still hasn't fixed my issue. Sky Go loads, checks for downloads, and then closes. I've tried all the fixes to no avail. I've filled out the survey, but would appreciate additional contact / support to work through the problem. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion