Discussion topic: Join the Latest Sky Go Trial for PC (Windows and Mac)

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Join the Latest Sky Go Trial for PC (Windows and Mac)

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Swinster wrote:

@caesarome , I might be a little bit daft here, but I simply cannot see the "fault report survey which can be found in Chloe's post", in @Chloe-W22 's post! (https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Join-the-Latest-Sky-Go-Trial-for-PC-Windows-and-Mac/m-p/410...). 

I can't see it either @Swinster !

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by rogon This message was authored by: rogon

Might be useful to re brand, sky Go to Sky Stop, absolutely awful piece of software, have to close and restart neumerous to get it to run, uninstall reinstall, if you trying to catch something in a hurry, live sport, just dont bother.

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

Just installed 22.11.2 beta and everything looks good so far, there is still that initial out of synch issue for live feeds at least but stopping and restarting the feed (not the App) resolves that.

Was there always the option to swap back to the production version from beta (and vice versa) or is that new?

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by whatservice This message was authored by: whatservice

I am shocked to say that the app worked this morning after a little messing around (a restart was required). I am afraid to 'quit' and restart now in case I lose this alignment of the plants and stars.

This message was authored by Swinster This message was authored by: Swinster

Still on joy here - still see the "Please Try again (001)" error. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Could anything be blocking it like a Firewall ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

Recently installed 22.11.2 and whilst watching a recording of the England v Iran game when the second goal was scored the playback "jumped back" to 1 - 0, I thought Var had intervened until England scored the second goal again.

It happened several times further into the game so I checked to see if it was the recording by rerunning goal 2 - it wasn't so just random "jump backs".

Fao @Chloe-W22 - I cannot see the fault report either.

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 23 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

@caesarome I doubt it. The problem showed up in at least two separate locations, one where the ISP connection with via NowTV! In both cases, Sky Go via my mobile is fine. 

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@Swinster wrote:

@caesarome I doubt it. The problem showed up in at least two separate locations, one where the ISP connection with via NowTV! In both cases, Sky Go via my mobile is fine. 

So presumably not a firewall issue. I'm guessing it's a laptop your using? I can't see you stating anywhere what platform it is.

Is it Windows or Apple? What browser? Is everything updated?

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"

@Colin0000 - correct! I too would assume this is not the upstream firewall (unless there is a local setting I'm missing). As far as the platform goes, it's just a laptop running Windows 11, fully updated. I'm not sure why a "Gaming laptop" might make a difference here, but I wouldn't really class it as such.

On the browser front, again I'm not entirely sure why this might be applicable as the Sky Go app is independent and built around its own dependencies (even if it may be built on something like the Chromium framework - and I do not know if this is true either), however, all browsers used are up to date. FWIW, I run a variety of browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox) and both GA and Canary builds. 

I wonder, is there another support channel where we can connect to Sky directly to fix such issues? 

The SKy Go app on this machine is still broken, and I have no clue how to remedy it. 

I can only guess that Sky don't give anything about support, what a shame 😞

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@TechmanagerMal wrote:

Recently installed 22.11.2 and whilst watching a recording of the England v Iran game when the second goal was scored the playback "jumped back" to 1 - 0, I thought Var had intervened until England scored the second goal again.

It happened several times further into the game so I checked to see if it was the recording by rerunning goal 2 - it wasn't so just random "jump backs".

Fao @Chloe-W22 - I cannot see the fault report either.

Using 22.11.2 on catchup House of the Dragon when I received error code PFE 5003 - 1H, tried suggested deletions etc but found it was ok on the Production version. 

Any further on the fault report @Chloe-W22 

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 23 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by Minnie+Minx This message was authored by: Minnie+Minx

I have done as instructed so i can view my sky account on my laptop but the app keeps crashing and saying its quitting. Please help

This message was authored by digglerthelegend This message was authored by: digglerthelegend

Works fine on my iMac but get the '001' error on my MacBook Pro.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion