Discussion topic: Sky Go app and denying me what i pay for...

This message was authored by FatKVN This message was authored by: FatKVN

Sky Go app and denying me what i pay for...

Why is it when i record to my box using the Sky go app, it defaults to SD when i specifically chose channel 401 (UHD on the Sky Q box).

I was expecting to come to watch my beloved west ham in glorious UHD but isntead the picture is so pixellated and awful it looks like im short sighted and drank 2 bottles of tequila! 

I pay for HD and due to whatever restrictions on the app set by Sky i am losing out! I even upscale anything i watch on the app to HD disregarding the data costs... 

This means a lot to me 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Sky Go app and denying me what i pay for...

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

On the Sky Go app the channels are a bit over the place so on the app itself you might find that 401 is the SD channel as it is for me while 859 is the HD version so it might be the same in that the UHD one might not be on 401 on the app.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

On the Sky Go app the channels are a bit over the place so on the app itself you might find that 401 is the SD channel as it is for me while 859 is the HD version so it might be the same in that the UHD one might not be on 401 on the app.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
FatKVN
Topic Author

Thanks for the tip. I didn't notice, still I blame Sky for not having uniform channel listings! It's their app and box why cause the confusion.....? 

Anyway I see you are not working for Sky, so I appreciate your input and help @caesarome 

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @FatKVN,

Sorry about the frustration here and I've asked the interal questions why it's like this as I know it's been brought up before by other users. Let me see if I can find a reason / solution for you and if a change can be implemented. 

West Ham in UHD would be much better, I agree 🙂 

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

FatKVN
Topic Author

Thank you @Clareridds

This message was authored by Matt2891 This message was authored by: Matt2891

This is really stupid. Just had to watch the entire game in SD as it defaulted to that whilst setting a recording away from home. Seems to be when not connected to the same WiFi it defaults to SD but at home the same channel (401 in my case) results in HD recording. Why should you have to guess? Another example of the sky app being far inferior to BT

FatKVN
Topic Author

@Matt2891 

Ain't it just! It seems like they're trolling us that use the sky app...

Still no fix to date and I moaned about this ages ago

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion