Discussion topic: Sky Go download corrupted

This message was authored by Macca197338 This message was authored by: Macca197338

Sky Go download corrupted

Tried my sky go app for the first time in a couple of weeks on my laptop. Update required,  but then got a message adding the setup files are corrupted and to try to reinstall. Uninstall the app, still being the same message.  Is it a bad update by Sky?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Go download corrupted

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Did you do a complete removal of the app:

Uninstall the Sky Go app and then go to 'C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming (ensure hidden files/folders are visible) and delete the following folders:

Sky
Sky Go

And if it is present the Cisco and/or Synamedia folder in App\Data\LocalLow.
Empty your recycle bin.

Reboot your PC and then download and install the Sky Go app again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Macca197338
Topic Author
This message was authored by Macca197338 This message was authored by: Macca197338

Many thanks. Did that,  no longer getting the corrupted set up file message, but the sky go app still does not download, I just get the sky go "triangle" on the blue screen for the last couple of hours.

This message was authored by Kai786 This message was authored by: Kai786

I am having the same issue, using Sky Go for the first time in a few weeks and upon start up says downloading updates then gets stuck on the white triangle. uninstalled the app removed all the files but still the same, works fine on my mobile phone but not on desktop/laptop.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion