Discussion topic: Sky Go error number 289

This message was authored by PiggyRascal This message was authored by: PiggyRascal

Sky Go error number 289

Hi

I have a new PC and trying to log in to Sky Go for the first time.  When I try to log in to the app, it says:

It looks like your browser is blocking cookies.

Please change your browser settings to allow cookies when logging into Sky.

If this problem continues, contact customer services.

Error Number: 289

Any ideas? Broswer is Edge on windows 11.  I have deleted all cookies/data etc on edge but it has not made a difference.  Every other app works except Sky Go.

Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Go error number 289

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you tried using a different browser like Google Chrome, set this to your default then see what happens with Sky Go.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
PiggyRascal
Topic Author
This message was authored by PiggyRascal This message was authored by: PiggyRascal

Hi

Thanks for your reply. 

I uninstalled Sky Go, downloaded Chrome, set it as default, downloaded Sky Go through Chrome and unfortunately having the same issue.  I have looked in the settings of both Chrome and Edge and both have cookies from third parties allowed.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

This message was authored by still+buffering This message was authored by: still+buffering

I'm also getting this issue. Signed out of the Windows Sky Go app, go to sign back in and get the 289 error 🤷‍♂️

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion