Discussion topic: Sky go devices

This message was authored by fifi17 This message was authored by: fifi17

Sky go devices

I have sky go extra and there are only 3 devices registered as I have removed some on sky go but we keep getting message saying we have reached the maximum number of devices. Can anyone help?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky go devices

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

How many are being used to watch live TV when you see this message ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
fifi17
Topic Author

Watching sky TV live in sitting room, one on xbox and one on android tablet. We are allowed 6 devices.

@fifi17 wrote:

We are allowed 6 devices.

That is correct but with Sky Go Extra you can only view 2 devices at once so if you are a Sky Q customer because if you are what happens if you dis connect the connection to the Sky Q box on one of the devices if they are connected to it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
fifi17
Topic Author

Thanks. 

We have sky q. 2 devices were being watched in the house and one away. I just don't understand how they allow 6 devices but unable to watch.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Up to 6 devces can be registered on your account but only 2 can be streaming at a time

Does pay to read the small print 😞

@fifi17 wrote:

2 devices were being watched in the house and one away.

Then that is why you are seeing this message as it is covered here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/managing-devices-and-streaming-sky-go

• Sky Go and Sky Go Extra customers can stream on two devices at a time.
  • Sky Q Multiscreen and Sky Glass/Sky Stream Whole Home customers can stream on four devices at a time.

So for more devices as a Sky customer you would need to add multiscreen to your package.

This message was authored by BluesFanUK This message was authored by: BluesFanUK

I've just added Sky Extra, a very helpful chap (believe his name is Sonny) added it for me at no cost as we're a Diamond member. I still can't can't access it on my Desktop though, still limited to two devices.

There's conflicting information on this - the below is from the Sky Go Help FAQ .

Remember
  • Sky Go customers can stream on two devices at a time.
  • Sky Go Extra, Sky Q Multiscreen and Sky Glass/Sky Stream Whole Home customers can stream on four devices at a time.

Which is correct? Sky Go Extra is a £5 add-on, so what exactly is the difference to normal Sky Go if there's no additional concurrent streaming? As of last year you can add/remove devices at will (years ago this was once a month), so there's no benefit here either.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@BluesFanUK wrote:

I've just added Sky Extra, a very helpful chap (believe his name is Sonny) added it for me at no cost as we're a Diamond member. I still can't can't access it on my Desktop though, still limited to two devices.

There's conflicting information on this - the below is from the Sky Go Help FAQ .

Remember
  • Sky Go customers can stream on two devices at a time.
  • Sky Go Extra, Sky Q Multiscreen and Sky Glass/Sky Stream Whole Home customers can stream on four devices at a time.

Which is correct? Sky Go Extra is a £5 add-on, so what exactly is the difference to normal Sky Go if there's no additional concurrent streaming? As of last year you can add/remove devices at will (years ago this was once a month), so there's no benefit here either.

Its possible it may take up to 24 hours for the changes to take affect fully.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion