Discussion topic: Sky Go issue using mobile data

This message was authored by Peter2193 This message was authored by: Peter2193

Re: Sky Go issue using mobile data

My only option for broadband in my area is using a 4G router. This  change from Sky is depriving me of a very useful feature which other users benefit from. This is both unfair and unacceptable.

How we choose to use our mobile data is surely our choice!

Can someone from sky please comment?

PETERD22
This message was authored by YolandeIreland This message was authored by: YolandeIreland

Unfortunately Sky don't really care about their customers.  You are paying for a service that you are not getting. I doubt they care about complaints on this forum. They do not facilitate. In fact they are making it so difficult for customers to reduce their packages in this economic climate. I'm seriously thinking of sacking them off completely.  Sky UK threatened to sue my sister if she stopped her direct debit. Even though she was giving notice to quit in 30 days. I think Com Reg need to get involved at this point. 

This message was authored by Stippe This message was authored by: Stippe

Sky never respond on here, total waste of time

This message was authored by YolandeIreland This message was authored by: YolandeIreland

So glad I don't have broadband with them. It's so important for my job. I would never trust or give Sky that level of control over me. You can live without TV if you have to and go elsewhere. A friend of mine basically had to pay a ransom to get out of sky broadband. More than he owed. Paid it to get away from them then dumped their TV package. Lesson learned. Sky are naive. People have got Prime, Netflix, Disney plus with smart TVs.  not prepared to pay their exhorbitant rates anymore. They will start to fold in their backward thinking. They will be the XtraVision of the future. 

This message was authored by grumpyg49 This message was authored by: grumpyg49

Try ringing Sky and cancelling your subscription. If you can't afford to pay tell them. Sky are reluctant, but they don't want to lose a subscriber. Negotiation is better than damning them on a forum. You might be surprised. 

This message was authored by McfcStonie This message was authored by: McfcStonie

Just tried to download on my iPad using skygo tethering of my mobile but is not letting me rendering skygo not fit for purpose, can not see me staying with them if it remains like this,,

Long time replying but here it is. No one said they couldnt afford to pay Sky. Everyone has a right to criticise a provider that is not performing well and  charging exorbitant fees and making it difficult for people to leave them. Damning them for their actions on a public forum is the only way to call them out and make them honest. If you are having a delightful experience with Sky then you should sing it out loud.  I'd say you won't get a choir together 

This message was authored by grumpyg49 This message was authored by: grumpyg49

Sky do care, but they have to run an expensive business. Granted it takes patience to get the result you need but if you're persistent you'll get something thrown in (like movies) for free or a reduced monthly subscription. They hate losing customers and will, with some effort, do all they can to keep you happy.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion