Discussion topic: SkyGo says "sorry, you are not subscribed to this programme" when trying to set ITV Wales recording

This message was authored by JamSpring This message was authored by: JamSpring

SkyGo says "sorry, you are not subscribed to this programme" when trying to set ITV Wales recording

Hi all,

"sorry, you are not subscribed to this programme RR-7" error  - I get the error for ITV Wales (ch 103) and also for ITV+1 (ch 203)  - but I can set recordings via SkyGO for ITV2, ITV3 and ITV4 without any issues.  

I suspect, from previous posts, is something to do with ITV regional stations? Although surely, if it is a regional issue, rather than leaving it broken and doing nothing for their affected customers, Sky Apps should allow recordings to an alternative main ITV channel? 

We are on SkyQ (SD only), but had the same issue when we were on Sky+, which I did raise with Sky but they went through the usual.. log out, log back in, resintall the app, which I had done on different devices - and redid - but the problem still exists?

Sky's help system https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-go-on-screen-message

just says "Make sure you have the correct subscription to watch this show." - but clearly I do as ITV Wales is one of the main terrestrial channels and I can request SkyGo records of BBC One Wales (ch 101) without issue.

Not sure if there is any workaround to allow recording of regional ITV via SkyGO?

Thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: SkyGo says "sorry, you are not subscribed to this programme" when trying to set ITV Wa

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You should be able to set local recordings for ITV, so have you checked that you region setting is correct, to do this installed the Sky+ app and go to settings on this and from here it needs to be correct and set as the SD one for your location.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
JamSpring
Topic Author

Re: SkyGo says "sorry, you are not subscribed to this programme" when trying to set ITV Wa

Hi @caesarome,

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I tried this a while back, but now not 100% so to be certain just given it another go - on the Sky+ App  tried setting region to Wales SD and also HTV Wales SD, but getting the same error. I've also just tried setting the Sky+ region to London/Thames Valley SD, which is outside our region, but thought worth a try - that doen't work either.

I've doubled checked that on the Sky+ APP that on Recordings & downloads that for SkyQ that both Remote Record and Remote Download are ticked, which they are. The SkyQ card number is also correct in the Sky+ APP. 

Not sure where to go from here?

JamSpring
Topic Author

Some additional info and screenshots.

SkyGo App, both Beta 22.4.1 and Production 22.2.2 on Windows10 PC  
Error message: "sorry, you are not subscribed to this programme RR-7

Pic1_SkyGo-Error_Windows10_PC.png

SkyGo App 22.3.2 on iPad iOS 15.3.1  
Error message: "Sorry, something went wrong. Record request not sent" 

Pic2_SkyGo-Error_iPad.png

Sky TV Guide Website https://www.sky.com/tv-guide/20220320/4100-32  
Error message: "Incorrect region"

Pic3_SkyTVGuide_Website_Error_Windows10_PCV2.png

I’ve tried setting different regions, but it makes no difference, same error messages.

I've also tried to engage with SkyGo Support, who's gem of an answer was for me to check https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sorry-you-are-not-subscribed-to-this-programme - which I'd already done.

But as I've pointed out to SkyGo App Support, had they checked (30 seconds?) my account, they would have clearly seen I do subscribe to Sky Signature – not that it would matter as ITV Wales is one of the main terrestrial/free to air channels and I can request SkyGO records of BBC One Wales (ch 101) and other non ITV Wales/ITV+1 without issue.

Rather than take owenership of the issue and resolve it/say what the problem is, they also suggested; "If the issue persists, please contact our Customer Service Team on 03442414141, one of my colleague will be happy to help you." - some would say that SkyGO App Support is passing the buck?

JamSpring
Topic Author

I've had an update to me via email from apps mailbox @sky.uk, you could not make this up, I don't know whether to laugh of cry?!...

"Please be informed that in order view or record ITV your Sky Go App must be connected to your Sky Q Box. (you should be inside your property)."

I have answered them with the following; "I am using SkyGO inside my property – connected to the same home network, fixed connection using my PC and also with my iPad via my home wifi - and also tried 3G/4G, just in case it was my home network"

JamSpring
Topic Author

Hi all,

Just a quick update - I had a lenghly phone call with Sky Tech, who confirmed I could watch ITV Wales on my ipad via Sky GO APP , but wasn't able to resolve the issue of me note being able to schedule recordings of ITV Wales from the Sky GO APP and said he had not heard of this problem before. 

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Or if it is just my setup, what could be causing it?

I've read that sometime Sky reactive/pair the SkyQ box and viewing card - would this be worth a go and if so, how do I get it done?

JamSpring
Topic Author

Hi all,

Just a quick update, I'm still having the same issue. I've tried by activating my card again and also signing to HD,  but neither fixed the problem...  I still get the get the error when using SkyGO  to record ITV Wales (ch 103) and also for ITV+1.

Is it worth getting  SKY staff to refresh my card? If so, how do I go about this and what do I specifically ask Sky to do?

Thanks

I notice you said this:

@JamSpring wrote:

on the Sky+ App  tried setting region to Wales SD and also HTV Wales SD, but getting the same error.

Have you tried setting it to the HD regions ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
JamSpring
Topic Author

Hi @caesarome 

When we moved from Sky+  we didn't have HD, so didn't take up the option when we moved to SkyQ - so I did think this could be the issue, even though our SkyQ box is set to download SD by default.

To test the HD being the problem theory, I did take Sky up on their offer and HD on SkyQ for a while, but that didn't fix the issues either and the HD offer has now ceased.

Thanks.

Don't worry about the offer and it now longer being available, just try setting your loacl region to HD as you still get access to the free HD channels from ITV anyway regardless if you subscribe to the HD package or not.

JamSpring
Topic Author

Hi @caesarome

Can I set the local region on the SkyGO APP - or on the SkyQ Box itself?

On the old Sky+ APP, I've tried setting it to the following local regions, Wales (HD)  and HTV Wales (HD) an but SkyGO, when presing record, whilst the red record icon appears for a a fraction of a second, still comes up with the error "Sorry, you are not subscribed to this programme RR-7". So I also tried setting the region to London (HD) but this didn't work either.

From the SkyQ box itself, we can record all channels fine, including ITV (103) and ITV+1 (203). 

And SkyGO can send remote records fine to all other channels - except for channels ITV (103) and ITV+1 (203) - but I can use the SkyGO app itself to watch live tv, including ITV (103) and ITV+1 (203) , which is totally bizarre!?

So it appears, for some reasons, that the SkyQ box itself is refusing the remote record ITV (103/TV+1 (203) requests from SkyGO?  

All my SkyGO testing is done at home on the same wifi network as the SkyQ box and on the old Sky+ APP, Remote Record and Remote Download are set to our SkyQ box.

If it's only me experiencing this issue, there must be a problem with my setup - somewhere?

Thanks.

@JamSpring wrote:

Hi @caesarome

Can I set the local region on the SkyGO APP - or on the SkyQ Box itself?

On the Sky+ app is the only place you can set the region. But I notice you are getting a different error message now so have you emailed the apps team about this new error - apps@sky.uk

JamSpring
Topic Author

Hi @caesarome

The error messages are the same, the one above is using the Windows10 SkyGO APP - the other error message is if I use the iOS APP.

I've have emailed and spoken to someone at apps@sky.uk who agreed it was a bizaar and unexplainable problem, but as it was problem that other customers didn't seem to be experiencing, he could'nt see it being looked at to find the cause and solution.

Thanks.

JamSpring
Topic Author

Hi all,

As suggested, I've tried again and contact with apps@sky.uk - asking them to ready this thread, as it explains the problem,  and what's beendone so far.

The sum total of apps@sky.uk "assistance" in trying to resolve the problem was for me to check the harware  version of our SkyQ box (32C008 ) and was it running the latest version of software (Q190.000.16.00L) - which it is.

Plus their follow up...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer

I understand from your email that you are facing issues with the recording of the ITV Wales.

I apologise for the inconvenince caused to you. Please do not worry I will surely go ahead and assist you with the issue.

I request you to follow the troubleshooting steps in the below mentioned link in order to get the issue resolved.

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-apps/sky-go-what-do-you-need-help-with/articles/sky-go-remote-reco...

However, If the issue still persist I request you to contact our Customer Service Team on 03442414141, where one of our advisors will be happy to help.

I hope this information has helped with your enquiry. If you require any further assistance, you can reply to my email.

Kind regards

Sky Help Centre

http://www.sky.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any reason why it cannot be esculated to Sky via this community?

Thanks.

This message was authored by Glenny55 This message was authored by: Glenny55

I have same issue for the past 2 years of being unable to send record request for itv in the sky Go app. It's now starting with BBC1 as well! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion