Discussion topic: Sky Go not opening on Android (Error 20190000)

This message was authored by Anick This message was authored by: Anick

Sky Go not opening on Android (Error 20190000)

Hi,

My Sky Go app has suddenly stopped working on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.

When I try to open it I get a message saying "There was a problem starting the app. Please restart the app and try again. Error 20190000)

I have tried this, but with no joy.

I have tried a Force Stop, and cleared the cache/data.

I have uninstalled the app, and then re-installed it.

I have tried turning my phone off and back on.

All my updates are up to date on my phone.

Nothing seems to help.

The app works fine on my iPad, and used to be okay on my phone until a week ago.

Can anyone please offer any advice?

Many thanks.

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: Sky Go not opening on Android (Error 20190000)

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi everyone

Our development teams have been investigating reports of the ‘error 20190000’ issue and from this, they have implemented some changes in the app and would like to get your feedback on if this has altered the way Sky Go works for you. This change has been added to the Beta version of Sky Go which is available now in the Google Play Store.

There are two ways in which you can download this version. By clicking this link or opening the Google Play Store and searching for Sky Go on your Android phone.

You will also need to make sure the option to ‘Join the beta’ is selected on the Sky Go page in the Google Play Store.

Once ‘join the beta’ has been activated (it can take several hours for this to be processed by Google), the update will be available to you. The settings menu in Sky Go will now show the version as 22.10.1

Please let us know below how you get on with this and if the app works improperly, pop your device details below and our teams will continue to investigate.

EDIT:

If you are still seeing this error, can you provide this information for us please?

What make and model of phone are you using? (Settings on your phone > about phone)

What is the Android version? (Settings on your phone > about phone)

What is the Sky Go version showing? (With the app open > select the cog and scroll to the bottom)

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by AlanandJulie This message was authored by: AlanandJulie

Sky go app not working on fire tablet

I was getting an error message on sky go and it would not play anything. Uninstalled and reinstalled app, now cannot log in. It keep coming up with error 'there was a problem starting the app. Error [-20190000]. Please restart the app and try again'. I have tried this, tried retry and nothing. Is there a wide issue with fire tablets or on my own account?

This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

Re: Sky go app not working on fire tablet

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147  

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Update:

Spoke with @AlanandJulie went through troubleshooting and issue seems to be resolved

Thask for reaching out to Sky community have a great afternoon 🙂

Moderator note: removed language

This message was authored by Anca90 This message was authored by: Anca90

I have the same issue with an android device. Thank you

This message was authored by Gorby+Mudrock This message was authored by: Gorby+Mudrock

Hi,

I'm having the same issue on a Samsung Z Fold 4. Is there any chance you copuld post any troubleshooting tips so that I (and others) could try too please?

This message was authored by Zishan187 This message was authored by: Zishan187

Sky go not working on Samsung z fold 4

I recently upgraded from the Samsung z fold 3 to the z fold 4 and now when I downloaded sky go on the z fold 4 it keeps giving me an error (-20190000)

Can anyone advise why I'm getting this error.

Many thanks 

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Sky go not working on Samsung z fold 4

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  
Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation. 
Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147  

Thank you 

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-No further response to the chat, which we are now closing. If you still need help, please contact us, so we can re-escalate this for you. Thank you.

Hi I messaged the chat but didn't get any response 

This message was authored by Gorby+Mudrock This message was authored by: Gorby+Mudrock

Hi, did you get a resolution to this please as I'm in exactly the same position?

Nothing so far

I guess it's because it's such a new device and not supported. Which is a bit frustrating!

Sky Go Error on Samsung Z Fold 4

I recently upgraded from the Samsung Z fold 4 and now when I try and use Sky Go I keep getting the same error.

There was a problem starting the app. Error [-20190000]. Pleaase restart the app and tray again.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled three times. I've tried it on Wi-Fi and 5G, I've restarted my phone too, all to no avail.

Please help!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion