Discussion topic: Sky Go won't open on my lap top - Windows based

This message was authored by Leigh+Thomas This message was authored by: Leigh+Thomas

Sky Go won't open on my lap top - Windows based

I've tried to open my Sky Go app three times now on my (Windows 10) based laptop. It used to work, and now it just sits there, with a 'update' message doing nothing, can anyone help please?

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Sky Go won't open on my lap top - Windows based

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @Leigh+Thomas , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by CaptainKurt This message was authored by: CaptainKurt

I have the same issue - I've tried to open my Sky Go app three times now on my (Windows 10) based laptop. It used to work, and now it just sits there, with a 'update' message doing nothing, can anyone help please?

Leigh+Thomas
Topic Author
This message was authored by Leigh+Thomas This message was authored by: Leigh+Thomas

Hello Lisa

Thanks for your message, but I have received no private converstaion from the help team. I'm still having problenms with the Sky Go on my - windows based- lap top. I might have to uninstall and then restall  it for it to work?

Leigh 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Leigh+Thomas 

Do you not see the chat bubble as per the one in the image here:

https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by WedgeLeeds This message was authored by: WedgeLeeds

I'm having the samer issue. Do I need to register with the board to recieve assistance? Thanks

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by WedgeLeeds This message was authored by: WedgeLeeds

3 days and no bubble. Is this normal?

Cheers

This message was authored by JB24601 This message was authored by: JB24601

Same issue on my laptop.

I have get the "checking for updates" message

I have tried leaving it for a couple of hours, no success.

the only thing that seems to work is closing and restarting the app multiple times, can be up to 10 times.... then it seems to work..

Not great, when you compare the app to that of Netflix, Prime, and Disney

It means SkyGo is my last choice.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion