Discussion topic: Sky go app

This message was authored by Olivermaureen54 This message was authored by: Olivermaureen54

Sky go app

Can I  still use the sky go app away from home when on hoilday if i got a sky q box in a normal or do I have to be in the house where the sky q box is to use sky go app can any one help me the this problem thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky go app

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Olivermaureen54 wrote:

Can I  still use the sky go app away from home when on hoilday

You can if you holiday is in the UK or Ireland or if you are a Sky Ireland customer that the holiday is in either the UK or most European countries.

Being away from your box will mean you can not connect it to it watch back recordings so these need to be downloaded before you go away.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Olivermaureen54
Topic Author
This message was authored by Olivermaureen54 This message was authored by: Olivermaureen54

With have in the sky q box can I still watch program on sky go app as normal when away on hoilday but not the records unless I record them first is that what you mean 

@Olivermaureen54 wrote:

I still watch program on sky go app as normal when away on hoilday but not the records unless I record them first is that what you mean 

That is correct, apart from you need to download (not record them) to the app before you go on holiday.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Olivermaureen54
Topic Author

Last question so I can watch sky go app as normal with haveing sky q box when away and I can watch any channel and program but not my records till i download them first and will that be the if I'm at friends house aswell 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Olivermaureen54 

You can only access the recordings on your Sky box at your own house, not any other (even if they have Sky)

Some channels are not available through Go.  

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Olivermaureen54
Topic Author

Through sky go app can I use it when I'm away just to watch programs on it and to watch live tv and programs that i want to watch with having sky q box in but can only watch my records at home 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Olivermaureen54 wrote:

Through sky go app can I use it when I'm away just to watch programs on it and to watch live tv and programs that i want to watch with having sky q box in but can only watch my records at home 

Yes you must be at home to stream recordings from your Sky Q box.

However when outside your house you can watch live TV channels that's are available via Sky Go along with Catch Up and Boxsets that are available.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Oliverrachel This message was authored by: Oliverrachel

And could I type in program name and watch that outside my house so say I wanted to watch hollyoaks could I just type program name in and watch that outside my house when away on holiday 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Sky go won't work outside the UK and ROI.If going on holiday abroad you would need to downloads shows to your mobile device so you can watch them offline.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

I  did answer this earlier for you @Olivermaureen54 namely:

@caesarome wrote:

You can if you holiday is in the UK or Ireland or if you are a Sky Ireland customer that the holiday is in either the UK or most European countries.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion