Discussion topic: Sky go desktop app not working on windows

This message was authored by Petesmit This message was authored by: Petesmit

Re: Sky go desktop app not working on windows

Ok have uninstalled rwice reinstalled and its now working again....maybe a total coincidence but I also uninstalled 2 apps that had been installed recently namely VLC Media Player and Scansnap....will reinstall them and see what happens and update.....

This message was authored by DavidYng54 This message was authored by: DavidYng54

Petesmit - you were the first person to find a fix for me.

I uninstalled VLC media player and SkyGo magically works again, after months of blue screen/white triangle.

Can only assume someone got caught streaming their SkyGo via VLC and Sky decided to punish everyone using one of the world's most popular video players.

Ok David well happy its working for you....I have reinstalled VLC (latest version) and Sky is still working.....so far....

This message was authored by Al10 This message was authored by: Al10

Here is the solution that worked on my Surface Pro 9 running the ARM processor

1. Right click on the Sky Go App

2. Select Properties

3. Click on the compatibility tab

4.  Click on Change emulation settings

5. Choose Safe Emulation and press OK

This message was authored by Holf This message was authored by: Holf

Thanks @Al10 

This was the solution I needed for my Surface - nothing else had worked for me!

I haven't got 'Change Emulation Settings' in the Compatibility Tab.....is that the correct description?

This message was authored by Holf This message was authored by: Holf

Yes it is - I think it might only be present on Microsoft Surface devices? That option isn't there on my desktop PC (but my SkyGo app works on that - just didn't work on my Surface).

You could try "Running this program as an administrator" - not sure if that'll help or not, but I know that's worked for me for other app issues before - might be worth a try?

Ok thanks for clarifying that its working on my Desktop too but it has stop/started a number of times since October so I'm just trying to be prepared to try other options if it stops again...

This message was authored by pokerking1975 This message was authored by: pokerking1975

Thanks I needed this for my Samsung galaxy book go

This message was authored by Hariss This message was authored by: Hariss

same problem, it stopped working, i got 1404 code, tried all the rebooting/changing wifi fixes etc, but still it didn't work.

then left it for a month, until for some reason i tried again and it started working again, then a month later, it's stopped working and I get the 1404 code again? absolutely insane programming from the sky boys.

This message was authored by Mark+aka+OX This message was authored by: Mark+aka+OX

Tried all of the previous possible solutions and still no joy. It used to work albeit intermittently but now loads and displays downloading updates and then disappears without any notification. It has closed as I have checked the task manager. I do not need an app, the ability to run it within a browser would suffice for me.

This message was authored by Mickey-Padge This message was authored by: Mickey-Padge

To be fair to Sky, its only been half a year with the app being totally broken on PC......

This message was authored by SkyNige This message was authored by: SkyNige

JUst encountered the same problem but the workaround which worked for me was to **bleep** a new account/user and install SkyGo into the new account

This message was authored by doggity This message was authored by: doggity

do sky employees read these messages? can someone please tell us if any attempt is being made to remedy this widespread issue?

This message was authored by Mickey-Padge This message was authored by: Mickey-Padge

After more than half a year? Nope, obviously not.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion