Discussion topic: Sky go not permitted

This message was authored by Charlton62 This message was authored by: Charlton62

Sky go not permitted

Hello 

I have been a sky customer for a very long time, when we go away (uk) we always connect to house wifi and sky go and connect to a tv. Not the full package but not a bad one. 
however this time when away sky go kept saying streaming was not permitted, I could watch on the laptop but it would allow connection. 
we are now home and we are going away again at Christmas the sky go app very happily will mirror in the TV. 
what am I doing wrong? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Sky go not permitted

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Charlton62 wrote:

we always connect to house wifi and sky go and connect to a tv. 

It is not possible to connect the device the app is on to a TV to view Sky Go content as it is blocked due to rights restrictions so you can only view it via the device itself.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Sky go not permitted

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Charlton62 wrote:

we always connect to house wifi and sky go and connect to a tv. 

It is not possible to connect the device the app is on to a TV to view Sky Go content as it is blocked due to rights restrictions so you can only view it via the device itself.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion