Discussion topic: Sky go on PC

This message was authored by Cr55 This message was authored by: Cr55

Sky go on PC

My sky go takes forever to start on the PC.

The whole app is so slow to use its not worth using.

Has anyone go the same problem?

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Sky go on PC

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cr55 

What is the specification of the PC?

Sky Go is notoriously resource-hungry, particularly if you have something like desktop anti-virus running at the same time.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Cr55 

What is the specification of the PC?

Sky Go is notoriously resource-hungry, particularly if you have something like desktop anti-virus running at the same time.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

It's not the quickest b program to open as it doesn't help that it always checks for updates but usually within a minutes or so it is useable if there is no update.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Does it matter what kind of PC  specifications you have, you should not need a super computer to start an app, it takes 5 minutes to stat the app, then 2-4 minutes commercial, so if you are planning to watch something in the evening, start the app before you go to work (8-9) and then you are sure (well hopefully) that it is started, just prepare for the 2-4 minutes comercial though.

I have never ever seen an app that is so slow to load, I have other streaming servces and they load the app under a minute.

I mean this is a serice you pay for and then you need to wait this long time and on top of this, there is commercials!?!?

I thought we paid for a service?

For example, you are watching sports (football) and it is very interestig, then the sound comes before the picture, yu then need to retart the app and it takes this long time, the game is then over.

I have 1000Mb/s , Windows 10, 32b Ram, I live in Germany but rather speak English.

There is probably so much protection built in the app so no one can cheat and that is what takes so long time to load the app or just bad programming, we are living in 2023 for gods sake.

Please Look over this and make the app quicker and skip the comercials or take of 5 Euro of my subscription.

Nothing persona!

Thanks in Advance

Kind Regards,

Björn (Scrooge69)

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Anonymous wrote:

I mean this is a serice you pay for and then you need to wait this long time and on top of this, there is commercials!?!?

I thought we paid for a service?

No-one is paying for Sky Go: it's a 'free' add-on to a residential Sky television subscription.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Anonymous wrote:

I live in Germany

That makes it rather unclear how you are subscribing to Sky in the UK...

This message was authored by P3dro This message was authored by: P3dro

I have always had the same issues.  The only time I try to use it on my laptops is when in hospital. I havent been in since Oct 22 so when I was admitted this week I really hoped the problem would be fixed.  I updated the app and its still as bad as ever!

Why can Netflix, Amazon, BBC, ITV, Apple, Disney, Viaplay and even BT all manage to provide a quick, smooth experience via a browser, yet SKY are still making us install a clunky app??!  It's terrible 😞

I'm a very long standing Sky customer and services like this are a lifeline when in hospital these days.  Unfortunately I have to rely on the others as Sky is basically unusable 

This message was authored by Asid This message was authored by: Asid

What?? Of course we pay for sky Go it's built in to the price of the sub... Nothing is free.. don't be so naive..

The sky go app is atrocious on PC

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion