Discussion topic: Skygo - Macbook - Download / install loop?

This message was authored by Jak+A+K This message was authored by: Jak+A+K

Skygo - Macbook - Download / install loop?

Downloaded Skygo on 2021 14" Macbook Pro running MOCOS Monterey.

From opening the instal file, it seems to begin a loop on installing, updating, installing, updates. It tries to launch the App, but gets stuck in the loop.

Anyone know how to stop/ install the app to actually use it? 

The app Is downloaded from the sky site, opened and extracted to ZIP file and launched the install app.

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Re: Skygo - Macbook - Download / install loop?

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Jak+A+K

I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

This message was authored by Wadham This message was authored by: Wadham

Same issue seems to get stuck in a loop!

This message was authored by Tair+Onen This message was authored by: Tair+Onen

Same issue for me, anyone get this sorted? Covid positive and isolating at home for the next week without this being resolved is going to be utter pain.

This message was authored by Scouserboy This message was authored by: Scouserboy

Skygo App simply in update loop on Monterrey iMac - not for the first time.  Ridiculous given the amount we pay a month - Does Sky have any Technical expertise would be my question?  

Anybody got any ideas?  I am not deleting and downloading everytime i want to use Sky Go....

This message was authored by Scouserboy This message was authored by: Scouserboy

For what it is worth - updated Monterrey and Skygo now works - what if i didnt want to update?  

This message was authored by deedeess This message was authored by: deedeess

I have same issue and stuck in loop when trying to update SKYGO on app  - can't use SKYgo on MAC at moment please help!

DS
Jak+A+K
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jak+A+K This message was authored by: Jak+A+K

FIXED - Unsure how or if this will help.

I've kept the Skygoinstaller file in applications and on my launchpad page. Seems daft, but everything's been ok for now.

Maybe someone that still has the same issue, try it and see if it makes a difference!

This message was authored by Wadham This message was authored by: Wadham

Nope - still looping. 

Same for me..

DS

Not sure if this will help - but i did note that the Skygo app had installed itself in an orphaned applications folders - so i moved it o the main app foilder - that may (or may not) have been my issue.  But not the first time I have had this crazy looping process over the past few years.  Good luck....

I tried that and now installs and just stops and can't see app anywhere!

DS

Runs installer and then app never loads , any suggestions? I've looked in all folders no sky go files anywhere 

DS
This message was authored by SkyHunterX This message was authored by: SkyHunterX

Same issue for me on a Mac Mini 2014 running macOS Catalina 10.15.7.
Couldn't use Sky Go for months.

Moving the Sky Go App from the Application folder located in the user folder i.e. your home directory where all of your files are to the "normal" Application Folder where most other Programs are under Macintosh HD > Applications solve the problem for me.

Strange since the SkyGo App resided in the old folder for years and worked fine.

Thanks for the solution movie night is back on.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion