Discussion topic: SkyGo says "sorry, you are not subscribed to this programme" when trying to set ITV Wales recording

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: SkyGo says "sorry, you are not subscribed to this programme" when trying to set ITV Wa

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Glenny55 

Can you install the Sky+ app and go to settings > change region  and make sure your correct region is selected as a wrong one will cause remote recording issues on both the SKY+ and Sky Go apps.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
JamSpring
Topic Author
This message was authored by JamSpring This message was authored by: JamSpring

Re: SkyGo says "sorry, you are not subscribed to this programme" when trying to set ITV Wa

Hi @caesarome,

Following my recent issue of BBC channels missing from SkyGO  and your suggestion, I recently double checked and reset the region to Wales (for SD/HD) on my Sky+ App - and BBC1 Wales and BB2 Wales now appear on Sky Go -  but this hasn't solved the issue of being able to set remote record on ITV (103). 

Regards

James

This message was authored by Glenny55 This message was authored by: Glenny55

Hi, I can see the channels OK on the app but itv has never managed to remote record and the past couple of weeks I'm getting exactly the same issue with trying to send remote record requests for BBC1. My itv region is set to HTV Wales in the Sky+ app and I've tried changing from HD to SD but this makes no difference. I live in Wales and this is the region I watch. It's driving

me mad and the Sky customer services don't seem to have a clue what they're doing. I have just received an email telling me that I have to use iplayer to watch BBC on my phone completely missing any under of the problem! 

JamSpring
Topic Author

Hi @Glenny55 - yes, me too.

I've tried all ways to resolve this myself, log in/out, deleted apps - Sly+/SkyGO - reinstall apps - tried different devices (phone/tablet/PC), home wifi, home network, 3G and 4G - changed regions on Sky+, but nothing has resolved it.

Despite it is a permanent fault/issue - which seems to be limited to some customers in Wales - Sky have absolutely no interest in trying to resolve the issue - despite their paying customers willing to work with them (for free) to try to get to the bottom of the issue and resolve it.

JamSpring
Topic Author

SkyGo now always errors with; "Sorry, something went wrong. Record request not sent"

Hi all,

Just an update to say that my SkyGo remote record has completely stopped working over the last few days - any program, on any channel that I attempt to remote record via SkyGo comes back with the error; "Sorry, something went wrong. Record request not sent" - and the devices I'm using are on the same wifi network as my SkyQ box.

We are a Sky VIP customer, so have Sky Go Extra - but do not have Multi-room or HD subscriptions. 

I've tried different devices (tablet,iPhone, Widows10 PC), updated both SkyQ and SkyGo to latest versions, deleted SkyGO from my devices, turned them off  - turned my router off for hours, turned my router back on, turned my devices back on and then re-installed the SkyGO Apps, but this has not resolved the problem.

Interestingly, even though the Sky+ APP has now been discontinued, Sky+ which is set to my correction Region, Wales; comes back with a different error, "Remote Record Your Region setting is incorrect?!

Regards

James

IMG_1.PNGIMG_2.PNGIMG_3.PNGIMG_5.PNG

Re: SkyGo now always errors with; "Sorry, something went wrong. Record request not sent"

All Sky customers have VIP on their accounts even new ones.

For the region issue have you tried going through a few of the others nearby to where you are ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
JamSpring
Topic Author

Re: SkyGo now always errors with; "Sorry, something went wrong. Record request not sent"

Unfortunately the only region Sky+ offers for Wales, is Wales SD or Wales HD - I've tried both,

JamSpring
Topic Author

Hi @caesarome,

Another customer, @grancha1 has reported the exact same issue this morning; Sorry something went wrong. Record request not sent - it may be a coincidence, but this customer is also from Wales.

So is this a regional problem? with the number of Welsh customers being affected slowing increasing? 

James

I am a customer like you so have no idea if it is an issue or not but you could try emailing the apps team to see what they say - apps@sky.uk

JamSpring
Topic Author

Hi @caesarome,

I've already done this - more than once by email and by telephone - and I have explained - more than once to  apps@sky.uk - everything - and asked them to review screenshots etc, but was told, by them that apparently they cannot read these posts from where they work.

To say I'm exasperated is an understatement.

James

JamSpring
Topic Author

Looking at other threads, say this one; https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Sky-Go-Upgrade-your-subscription/m-p/4035652 

With the resolution being; "Update - We have looked into this on a private chat and foud the app was showing the incorrect subscriptions on the account." 

Could this be the answer to all the problems I'm having with SkyGO?

That user was trying to watch content so I presume you can watch live channels OK with Sky Go, if so your subscription is correct.

JamSpring
Topic Author

Hi @caesarome 

Yes, I can watch live channels on my devices via SkyGO,  so as you say, confirms my subscriptions are correct.

This only leaves our SkyQ box refusing to take record requests from SkyGO - so it does appear to be a configuration error somewhere - unless the SkyQ box itself is faulty?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion