Discussion topic: Unable to access Sky Go since moving from Sky Q to Stream

This message was authored by AEM18 This message was authored by: AEM18

Unable to access Sky Go since moving from Sky Q to Stream

I changed from Sky Q to Sky Stream in June.  Now I cant view my Sky account details and cant access Sky Go. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Re: Unable to access Sky Go since moving from Sky Q to Stream

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@AEM18 wrote:

I changed from Sky Q to Sky Stream in June.  Now I cant view my Sky account details and cant access Sky Go. 

On which device are you trying to access Sky Go? It should work on mobile devices and tablets without any issues - mine has worked fine since switching from Q to Stream last year.

If you're trying to access on a console or Apple TV box then you may now need the Whole Home subscription to access it. 

AEM18
Topic Author

@SlenderRobert 

Trying to watch Sky Go on IPad. Never had a problem when using Sky Q.  When I log into Sky I can only see my mobile bills and account information. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AEM18 wrote:

Now I cant view my Sky account details and cant access Sky Go. 

What is happening when you do either of these ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
AEM18
Topic Author

@caesarome i enter my sky ID and password and it says "because of a technical issue you cannot watch this channel, please try again later".   I have used the Sky Go app for years.   When I log into the website I cannot see my bills for Sky Stream (came out of the bank ok).  I can only see invoices for my mobile account and devices I have bought. 

@AEM18 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this, so if the bubble hasn't appeared by 7pm it will be tomorrow that they will contact you by it:

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

AEM18
Topic Author

@Mr+Flibbles+86  @caesarome @SlenderRobert 

Thank you all so much, especially @Mr+Flibbles+86 who escalated this for me. It took about 2 hours on the phone and 3 conversations with 3 people but eventually a very kind guy persevered and sorted my problem.  For those interested in this thread I have to report that I have ended up with 2 separate Sky IDs - one for my tv account and one for mobile. Small price to pay as I can now use Sky Go again and I'm a happy person. 😂👏. Unfortunately one of the guys who couldn't help me ended up selling me a new IPad 😏. I wanted one anyway - promise. 

Thanks for the update and glad you have it working now.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion