Discussion topic: Unable to remove a device from sky go - support no help at all.

This message was authored by ChrisK29 This message was authored by: ChrisK29

Unable to remove a device from sky go - support no help at all.

Hi,

I have an ex "friend" who continues to login to my sky go and I am unable to permenantly remove their device to stop them.

Nothing from the hours spent with the support team works either.

I have reset the login password, removed the deive numerous times (in different sequences), support advised that they would block the device but just blocked everyone and I needed to request access be unblocked.

I am shocked that they cannot resolve this issue - I'm told that the sky go system remebrs the device and still allows it access even though the password has changed.

If I add more than 6 devices that doesn't work either as support say that the last device to be used will be swapped with the new device.

This is absolutely crazy and never used to work this way.

Does anyone have any ideas or know how to get in touch with a manager as basically someone has access to my sky go that I am paying for and sky will not and apparently cannot do anything about it?

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Unable to remove a device from sky go - support no help at all.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ChrisK29 

Try this:

First change your password:

https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/

Then go to this link:

https://skyid.sky.com/authorise/manage

If you tick "Sky Apps" and then the remove button, then anyone using SkyGo or SkyNews or SkySports apps etc. using your credentials will have the previous auth token removed and will be forced to sign in again (using the new password only you know). Will mean people you want to use your ID will need to do the same, but will force whoever is using your previous details off, this might not stop them straight away but it will over a day or so.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ChrisK29 

Try this:

First change your password:

https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/

Then go to this link:

https://skyid.sky.com/authorise/manage

If you tick "Sky Apps" and then the remove button, then anyone using SkyGo or SkyNews or SkySports apps etc. using your credentials will have the previous auth token removed and will be forced to sign in again (using the new password only you know). Will mean people you want to use your ID will need to do the same, but will force whoever is using your previous details off, this might not stop them straight away but it will over a day or so.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
ChrisK29
Topic Author
This message was authored by ChrisK29 This message was authored by: ChrisK29

@caesarome 

Thanks for your assistance, this seems to have done the trick.

It seems that if I have any issues in the future I will be better off posting my questions on here instead of repeatedly banging my head against a brick wall with the sky customer support!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion