Discussion topic: Weird graphic overlay making picture look awful

This message was authored by Midnightman This message was authored by: Midnightman

Weird graphic overlay making picture look awful

I had nothing wrong. Watching on a laptop with dual monitor. On the laptop I installed a drive and error message popped up, nothing to do with sky. I tried to take a picture of the error with the Windows sniping tool and Skygo dropped out saying I was running some kind of screen capture software. I closed sniping tool and restarted skygo.

However now there is a weird mosaic graphic over the screen. I rebooted Windows but the problem remained. I uninstalled Skygo and reinstalled but the problem remained.

I'm at a loss what to do so posting here to see if you guys n gals can come up with something.

I would reinstall Windows but have a feeling that won't clear the planet issue. I downloaded a new copy of Skygo but the problem is still there.  Here are some pics.

IMG_20230917_122524_HDR.jpgIMG_20230917_122526_HDR.jpgIMG_20230917_122527_HDR.jpgIMG_20230917_122529_HDR.jpg

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Weird graphic overlay making picture look awful

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Midnightman 

I don't think Go is carrying HDR data.  If Windows thinks it is, that could undoubtedly do strange things to video output.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

Midnightman
Topic Author
This message was authored by Midnightman This message was authored by: Midnightman

The post I made auto corrected from picture to planet.

I want to add that I have since wiped the computer and reinstalled Windows and a new Skygo downloaded from Sky and still have the same problem, strange mosaic graphic over the picture.

Any ideas what caused it would be appreciated

This message was authored by Brouhahahaha This message was authored by: Brouhahahaha

Same problem.

Midnightman
Topic Author

I think I've found the cause. I changed HDR to SDR in Windows and it seems to have cleared up. I say 'seems to' because I've stared at the screen so much I'm not sure if it's cleared up or have the mosaic shapes become much smaller. See what happens for you and repost. 

Not sure why HDR could be responsible and it only happens in Skygo. Does that mean it is skys fault or Microsofts? We got no chance getting it fixed, no matter who's at fault, if HDR is the problem.

Many Thanks

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Midnightman 

I don't think Go is carrying HDR data.  If Windows thinks it is, that could undoubtedly do strange things to video output.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Midnightman
Topic Author

That makes sense.

Thanks

This message was authored by tellysportfan This message was authored by: tellysportfan

I have just found this thread after Googling the same problem identified by the @Midnightman .  My display does not support HDR and Windows is not trying to use it, but I still have the smeared overlay effect.  Has anyone found any other explanations or solutions?

This message was authored by markius This message was authored by: markius

+1 with this.  Perhaps HDR is the cause in some cases, but not all.  I'm suffering the same issue on a non-HDR monitor and would also like to know the fix.

It's reassuing that I'm not the only one with this problem.  Time for Sky to step up, I think,

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion