Discussion topic: can sky go connect to sky+HD box

This message was authored by Weni This message was authored by: Weni

can sky go connect to sky+HD box

Hi, I've downloaded sky go but there's no option to connect to our sky+HD box, only to skyQ. is there any way around this?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: can sky go connect to sky+HD box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It isn't possible to connect the Sky Go app to a Sky+ box as it can only connect to a Sky Q one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Weni 

That would be because the current Sky Go app is descended from what was the Sky Q app.  Despite the end of support for the Sky+ app it's very unlikely Go will gain similar functionality: the company really want everyone off Sky+ entirely.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Albut49 This message was authored by: Albut49

So do we all need to switch to sky ?. To control box from app. I take it this will be a free upgrade.

@Albut49 

As a Sky TV customer you have been able to use Sky Go for years for no extra charge on a PC, Mac, tablet and phone as it allows you to watch live tv in line with your TV package and to set recordings as you can now.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@caesarome wrote:

@Albut49 

As a Sky TV customer you have been able to use Sky Go for years for no extra charge on a PC, Mac, tablet and phone as it allows you to watch live tv in line with your TV package and to set recordings as you can now.

Though you cannot access the Sky+ planner with Sky Go or detect and correct recording clashes as you can with the Sky+ app 😞

So they are removing something from my package. Why? At the momemt I can watch TV on another screen via the RF out and use the sky+ app on my phone to change channels, select recordings to watch etc etc.

That is because the Sky+ app will no longer be supported after May 31st although you might find it will work beyond that date but if things stop working with it then this will be why,

This message was authored by Simonptay This message was authored by: Simonptay

I am told sky plus app is being scraped 

I don't have Q 

how can I download programmes from my phone using the app direct to one of my sky boxesb

The Sky+ app will work beyond that date, but you can do the same with the Sky Go app anyway. You can set it to download and record content to your Sky+ box.

But you can't connect from sky go and control the box over the wi-fi from your phone or tablet like you can on the sky+ app. That's a retrograde step for sky. I believe that's to deter  customers from using the RF out to other rooms as they would not be able to control the box from there. Therefore they would need sky multi room at an extra cost. More money for sky.

@Albut49 wrote:

But you can't connect from sky go and control the box over the wi-fi from your phone or tablet like you can on the sky+ app.

That is correct, when the app finally stops working you will be unable to do this.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Albut49 wrote:

I believe that's to deter  customers from using the RF out to other rooms as they would not be able to control the box from there. Therefore they would need sky multi room at an extra cost.

Sky+, 'Multiroom' and RF distribution are end-of-life products: Sky+ HD hardware ceased manufacture in 2015 and new Multiroom subscription, like subscription on Sky+ itself, hasn't been available for several years.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

So am I entitled to a free upgrade? As I have out of date products.

This message was authored by Simonptay This message was authored by: Simonptay

But the go connect only lets you have the option to connect to sky q and I don't have that even though I have been with sky for 25 years plus 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion