Discussion topic: unable to complete a reward for free apple tv+

This message was authored by Atomic63 This message was authored by: Atomic63

unable to complete a reward for free apple tv+

I have received an email giving me free apple tv+ for 6 months. I have competed all steps but once at the end for connecting to appleTV+ nothing. I have had to put in payment details also so do not want to be charged at the end. However on the apple app in Sky Q i have no subscriptions.

Do i have to do the redeeming of the offer on an iphone?

Best Answers
This message was authored by moogirl This message was authored by: moogirl Answer

Re: unable to complete a reward for free apple tv+

Is there a Sky member of staff who can help with this please, as it's not for want of trying? I shouldn't have to have an Apple device to use this offer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I don't think the wording in the email is very clear as I believe this email is targeted at those people who have already claimed the offer in the app but did not activate it as the offer itself finished at the start of June.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Atomic63
Topic Author

• Hi @caesarome 
  • My offer of free apple tv+ actually expires on 7th July. I had a link in the email i received, which I followed through to the end but when I clicked on confirmation, the word 'connecting...' was  spinning on page & nothing happened after 5minutes. 
Atomic63
Topic Author

Hi.

Thanks guys but its all sorted now. I did have to redeem offer on an iPhone.

This message was authored by moogirl This message was authored by: moogirl

I am trying to redeem my offer but every time I try it says it's unable to connect to Apple TV. It says that my email and password were incorrect even though I've just reset them and they are accurate. I have had this issue for several months as this is what stopped me redeeming my offer when I first received it and I forgot about it. Anyone else having a similar issue please? Thank you!

Atomic63
Topic Author

@moogirl 

I had a similar issue, couldnt connect to apple but I was using an android phone. Once I'd switched using hubby's iPhone I could complete redeeming offer.

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have an iPhone so can't do that! Is a moderator/admin able to help please as I am soon going to run out of time?

You are out of time as you had until 7th July to get it activated on your account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Atomic63
Topic Author

@caesarome hi.

It is activated now thanks. I managed a few days ago.

This message was authored by moogirl This message was authored by: moogirl Answer

Is there a Sky member of staff who can help with this please, as it's not for want of trying? I shouldn't have to have an Apple device to use this offer.

Nobody can help I'm afraid because as I said yesterday you had until the 7th to get it activated so you are to late.

Atomic63
Topic Author

@moogirl . If I was you I'd contact sky & explain the problems you have been having. As you say its a little unfair to have to be an apple user of devices to recrive/activate offer.

It's not like I haven't been trying to do so. I'm trying to give them a call but apparently the whole contingent of Sky staff are in essential training today!

I spoke to Sky yesterday who were very helpful. They said the email I received was a scam - it looked as legitimate as anything I've ever had from Sky -  but the Apple TV offer will be available from August again so I can sign up then and give them a call straightaway when I am unable to connect the two. I also don't need an Apple device to be able to use it, thankfully.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion