Discussion topic: Back order

This message was authored by Jess110 This message was authored by: Jess110

Back order

Little bit upset at the fact that when I saw  the device it says delivery within a week and when you've gone through all the contract terms etc,  had a hard search done on your credit,  been approved , paid the upfront amount it then tells you two days after the fact that it's on backorder and it doesn't even give you a rough estimate of time!  if I would've known, I would've just bought it elsewhere. Little misleading and a huge inconvenience. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Back order

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jess110 

As fellow customers with no insider knowledge of stock levels (which must change drastically on a daily basis) there's not a lot we can say to appease you. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Maxdiddley This message was authored by: Maxdiddley

I have the same issue i ordered the macbook air m3 2024 it said delivery within a week and was in stock a day later it said it was on back order, it's now been over a week, i rang sky immediately when it said back order and they said it would be dispatched from apple warehouses within the next week, it still hasn't and i've no response, i'm going to ring again tomorrow and try to get an estimated date, if they are not helpful i'll just cancel and i find someone else

Jess110
Topic Author

I'm feeling exactly the same. What bugs me the most is that the hard search knocked my credit score and even if I cancel (seriously considering ) that search sticks and can't be reversed. Sky haven't even reached out at all and when I contacted them... All the lady wanted to do was tell me to just try and choose another item that was in stock (but couldn't even tell me which ones were) I would have had to reapply and go through another credit search. Ridiculous. The whole thing is quite frustrating considering when it says "within a week" you then decide to go ahead and go through the process. The item you choose should

have information on availability before you go through the process. Have you had any more updates ?? 

This message was authored by Maxdiddley This message was authored by: Maxdiddley

Hi, yes i rang again today, they told me it would be delivered within a week, again he also told me when i made my order that it would be with 1-2 weeks which, however it only told me within one week which is strange,  after also realising my credit had been affected due to the hard credit search i decided i'm going to wait another week and then if nothing happens cancel, i don't know if they just keep saying within 1 week in order to avoid customers cancelling it could be much later who knows, i'll let you know if it arrives next week !

Jess110
Topic Author

I'll do the same! I ordered the MACBOOK 2024 M3 512GB  in Midnight. ... I'm going to wait one more week too. I was told a week. And I too get the feeling they're trying to prevent customers from cancelling. Hate that credit score was dinged for this! 

we bought the same thing around the same time so my guess is when yours arrives mine should too ! fingers crossed 🤞 

This message was authored by KayTechie This message was authored by: KayTechie

I ordered the same as you on 8th April and was given the delivery time of 1 week also. Got a text on the 12th to say it has been delayed and there would be an update by 19th April (today) so far nothing. When I ordered it was showing as in stock so I don't understand how it went to back order immediately? I think they have to obtain a certain amount of orders before Apple will dispatch. The m3 13inch in 512gb keeps coming in and out of stock everyday. I don't understand. 

I am also so annoyed I went through the hard search with the thought it would be a week max and now I'm left waiting...day 11 since ordering and still nothing. 

Jess110
Topic Author

Yep! Same I ordered mine in the 6th! Got the same generic text  later saying they would let me know by the 19th! And nothing either. It's really crappy that they do this to people without sufficient warning before going through a hard search which then limited them to attempting to cancel or reapply elsewhere ! It's not ok 

Totally agree. If I didn't have the hard search on my credit file I would have cancelled by now. But it is pointless to cancel as I am the only one left suffering. Please let me know if you get any further updates, I will do the same. 🤞

Jess110
Topic Author

So frustrating!!! Spent 20 minutes on the chat with someone who just kept lying and feeding me scripted answers . She then gave me two numbers to call only to be told by an automated voice that they couldn't recognise my account and that I should go online . Back I went online .. Complained again only to have the woman AGAIN feed me generic responses and she claimed that "within a week" actually means out of stock and "back order"  I told her the whole thing was deceitful and that my credit has now taken a hit because sky misled me . The whole thing seems really shambolic. She then passed the buck and blamed Apple for not supplying them with stock. I asked why they couldn't even make that clear when customers are about to enter a hard search and she couldn't explain... Tried to give me the number to call again and I no because I couldn't get help there ..... she then says her update was...,  "within a week" ... I told her that was the 7th time I'd heard that now and to please show respect and decency and just stop lying or reading a script! She just said sorry I can't help . There's no idea of when stock is expected... (even though she just said within a week) lol 

The whole thing is just asinine and beyond a joke now.

i went onto trust pilot and looked up Sky and I was absolutely shocked ! (Not surprised) at the amount of complaints regarding the entire company. Cant believe they've fallen so far. It's awful! Don't really know what to do now . So that's my update for you! ... Within a week is all I can give you! 😂

You are my kinda person! Lol. Your response made me laugh 🤣

I was just about to come on to message you something similar. I got in contact with chat who said 'within a week'. That was after arguing with the person that I was the account holder. They where gaslighting me saying I wasn't. When it was them who pulled up the wrong account! 🙄. So yeah apparently 'within a week'! That's the 3rd time I have heard that also. Within a week doesn't seem to exist! I am going to try and ring on Monday if I haven't heard anything by then. I will be sending a complaint in once I eventually get the product I ordered, if I ever do!! 🤣

Thank you for the giggle! Really needed something to cheer me up today and you delivered! 😁

Jess110
Topic Author

oh you're more than welcome! Always game for a laugh. (Obviously not when someone is trying to mug me off 😂) Glad I have someone else going through it at the same time. Crappy club to be a part of but we're in this together now ! Something tells me we're in this for the long haul and not just "within a week" lol 

The worst club to be in but it's always nice having a partner to share the misery! 🤣

I really hope within a week! When I ordered mine it said 'In Stock' in nice big green letters! Clearly I got lied to. Sky are definitely getting worse and the customer service is shocking now. Let's hope we see our new laptops next week! 🤞

Its getting very frustrating now, i'm really hoping it's here for me by next tuesday, that would be 'within a week' since they last said it would be within a week and two weeks from when i ordered, if it doesn't arrive and i get another 'within a week' i will just be cancelling and buying one through a better company, shame I made a down payment 😒

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion