Discussion topic: Sky piggy bank not working

This message was authored by JM31 This message was authored by: JM31

Sky piggy bank not working

I've been in touch with sky mobile about not being able to roll over any data from the piggy bank .  They seem to think it's because we've moved house and the broadband account has changed ?  Not sure why the mobile is linked to the broadband !  So I'm left with no data , and I'm also unable to buy data to top it up . 
they said  to wait a few hours (which I have) and try again but it's still not working . How can it be so difficult to top up data . It would be easier to just go and buy a PAYG Sim from somewhere else . 😡

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky piggy bank not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

When you moved home did you cancel your broadband at your old address and start up as a new customer at your new property or did you use Sky's home moving service ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
JM31
Topic Author

As far as I'm aware it just moved over to the new address. But I'm not sure 

Are you using the same ID to access your online Sky account as the only thing I can think why Sky told you that is your mobile is linked to an ID that was registered to your previous address ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
JM31
Topic Author

Yes I am 

Then I am stumped, what else did Sky say when you called them, did they take the details on this issue to pass it through to another team to investigate for you.

JM31
Topic Author

I spoke to two different people , for about 90 minutes in total and neither could solve the issue . The first told me they had contacted another dept and it would take 72 hours for it to be resolved.  I asked to be put through to someone else that could get me data , and the call wasnt answered for 25 minutes so I hung up . Then rang back , got through to someone else who was equally as stumped and couldn't help who then told me to wait a few hours and try again to roll over data . Absolutely useless !! I feel like leaving and going with another company . 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion