Discussion topic: Unable to Use Mobile Data (New Thread)

This message was authored by rainy10 This message was authored by: rainy10

Unable to Use Mobile Data (New Thread)

My partner is now 2 weeks without data like anyone else affected since 11 April.

Just had a read through some other similar recent posts (some of which have been shut down/locked by sky community employees despite issues not being resolved????)  and I have a the same story. Several calls to sky to try to resolve including network settings reset, a soft reset of the phone and a new sim card. Ive tried everything in the help articles that will no doubt be posted under this as a reply..... None of these have resolved the issue.

Every time I call sky to seek help I go through the same process of convincing a support agent that this isn't local mast related. This feels like its the response theyre all conditioned to provide and in my experience almost without any kind of consideration for the information I have told them. I've told every agent that the issue is with my partners mobile number and she works 15 miles away. Her data connection doesnt work there. We were in the Lake District last weekend (60 miles away). Her data connection didnt work there. Shes away with friends this weekend. Her data signal isnt working on the way there either. So this isnt a local issue - its something thats gone wrong with the data connection to her phone on or around 11 April that hasnt been put right since then.

This isnt good customer service. I'm sick of explaining my situation to every sky employee I speak to. I'm sick of feeling helpess. I'm sick of the apparent lack of empathy or urgency to find a resolution. It isnt good enough.

All Replies

This message was authored by cloudysky This message was authored by: cloudysky

Re: Unable to Use Mobile Data (New Thread)

This is me too and from around that date.  I've been trying for 2 hours to fix it this afternoon and have been given the runaround. I need my data for on the move.  Final straw was a text from Sky a few minutes ago saying 'Temporary error, please try again later.'   Something's going wrong, and it's not my end. 

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey @rainy10,

I'm really sorry to hear your partner is having these issues, it's definitely not what we expect with Sky Mobile. Following your submission to the form we know this number is part of an issue we found on the network following our outages last week. 

The number has been added to our system to be resolved manually, please allow the team to get through these cases but it should be sorted within the next day. Any issues pop me a PM.

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

rainy10
Topic Author

Thanks Chloe. I've had similar assurances from colleagues with zero delivery, so please understand that I treat this with nice dollop of scepticism. What do I do if it isn't working tomorrow?

rainy10
Topic Author

Totally agree with all of this. My partner cant do 2FA for work, or just normal stuff you take for granted like emails, imessage, social media, tracking kids to make sure theyre home ok after school etc..

And it just feels like Sky want to pretend the issue is fixed for everyone publicly whilst knowing there are still problems for individuals, and a lot of individuals if its taking 2 weeks!!!

Cannot use mobile data

For around a fortnight my mobile data has not worked. 
I have tried all the suggested fixes and nothing has worked.  It's not the sim card either.  I spent this afternoon trying out the fixes suggested by Sky and none of them have worked.   I finally received a text from Sky saying 'Temporary error' please try again later.'  Doubtless I'll get the same answer if I do that. 
I need my mobile data for being away from home and as a failsafe if our internet goes down. It's why I have a contract with Sky in the first place.  It's what I'm paying Sky for.  I'll be away from home soon, and I need it to be working.  If it can't be fixed then I am just going to have to cancel and go with another provider.  From what I have seen, reading this forum, I am not the only person to be affected by this issue.  It's nothing to do with masts - I'm often away from the home mast area and it still doesn't work. 

This message was authored by Tr4c3y This message was authored by: Tr4c3y

I am unable to use mobile data as well. They tell me local mast is working which I knew as it doesn't work no matter where I am. I know it isn't the phone as my daughters Tesco sim works fine in the phone. Seem to be getting no where. Next action I guess is to threaten to leave. 🤷‍♀️

I am no further along.  I have tried every fix suggested online.  I am now going to speak to a person (hopefully!) and escalate it.  If no joy there, then bye-bye Sky because I have to have mobile data.

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Tr4c3y @cloudysky,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your mobile data. I have escalated your posts to our Community Messaging team who can help with some troubleshooting and advise next steps. Look out for the chat bubble appearing on your screen, this will appear when they invite you to a private chat, for more information on Community Messaging see here.

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

rainy10
Topic Author

Anyone still struggling, the issue I had is now resolved.

The trigger for this was completing an online from with details of our specific problem, which appears to add your number to a list of individual case troubleshooting that network engineers are working through. Data signal returned on Saturday.

I cant find the link for it - @Chloe-W22 I think you shared the link for this in another post. Could you share here for people still struggling?

This message was authored by carolyntc This message was authored by: carolyntc

My partner is having the exact same problem. Multiple contacts with sky who are saying its a local mast issue and all will be resolved when the mast is repaired. Its not the issue as the data isnt working 100 miles from our mast. I am almost at my wits end trying to get this message across to sky .been happening for almost exact smae period as you and shortly after he had a text apologising for outage. My phone also on same network and also an Apple product is t having any issues. 

This message was authored by keithandsusanscot This message was authored by: keithandsusanscot

I'm going through the same nightmare. You contact the helpline who  obviously are just working from a crib sheet with no technical knowledge.  They have escalated to someone else and say it might be 3 to 5 days with no indication of how they will contact me if my mobile cannot send or receive call or data. I have told them that I tried my Sim in my wife's phone and it did not work and that her Sim worked in my phone. I asked for a new Sim but my request was ignored. Meanwhile I have no doubt that Sky will continue to bill me. Very very poor service.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @rainy10 , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @cloudysky , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Tr4c3y  an invite to chat.

Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion