Discussion topic: Unable to use mobile data

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by hesk1912 This message was authored by: hesk1912

Re: Unable to use mobile data

@Daniel-F I'm the same. No data and today can't send texts. It isn't coincidence that my phone was perfect until the outage last Thursday. Someone somewhere isn't telling the truth.

Ive requested a pack as I can't be bothered dealing with a company that appear to be unable to sort out these issues.

The other three sims in our household will go when their early redemption penalties end.

Sky will lose my TV sub when that contract ends too.

This message was authored by Aggrieved1982 This message was authored by: Aggrieved1982

It's now time for Sky to be honest with it's customers and tell us all what is really going on. This is not an issue with local masts, individual devices or dirty SIM cards that need a wipe. 

This message was authored by Bec1808 This message was authored by: Bec1808

No mobile data connection

Since there was a problem with skys server last week my mobile will not connect to mobile data when I'm not on WiFi is it my Sim? 

This message was authored by riorio This message was authored by: riorio

Re: No mobile data connection

@Bec1808 @Try my post instructions no,54 I followed them last night and when I went to work today my phone worked!

This message was authored by Blackn This message was authored by: Blackn

Just rang sky, 

the advisor has said they know there is an issue with some users but they don't know how to rectify it. 

im waiting to 'hopefully' speak to a manager. 

How did you speak to someone I've been trying for days šŸ˜‚

@riorio @How do I do that? 

This message was authored by Blackn This message was authored by: Blackn

Manager definitely aware that a minority of people having issue since last week

they are collecting data on who's having issues, so if you haven't already called then I suggest you do so 

They don't know what's happening.

This message was authored by klee1 This message was authored by: klee1

The problem is clearly with the sim and accounts at sky end , My phone works with my husbands sim , also a sky account . I have ordered a new sim , that didnt work , it wont activate.

Theres no amount of turning off and on , toggleing air plane mode , cleaning  sims is going to work .Please accept there is a problem

This message was authored by Rooo1 This message was authored by: Rooo1

@klee1 

I toggled aeroplane mode on and off and then rebooted my phone as people on here were saying it worked, but now i have no service at all šŸ˜­

This message was authored by Buddy2018 This message was authored by: Buddy2018

We are having the same issue!! Other sky mobile users in the house have no problem at all, but my partners doesn't work outside the house! Seriously loosing the will to live with it now! Lost it for 3 days last week, and now on day 2 of it this week! šŸ¤¬

This message was authored by JasonDe This message was authored by: JasonDe

I have travelled from Essex to Gloucester this afternoon and moved between many many masts. My service has remained down all the time. 

Follow the instructions I left, you can see them can't you? šŸ¤”

@Bec1808  go into settings, mobile service, and at the bottom of the page switch off every single app that you don't use or use very little. Then go to the general tab, then background app refresh and again switch off everything you don't use or use little.

This message was authored by TJ9 This message was authored by: TJ9

Loss of data, wifi, signal ect

On thursday 11th through to friday 12th i lost ways to communicate via call, text data such as mesaanger and WhatsApp and lost signal, i have seen on the discussion post where loads of other people were having issues compensation may be in place? I was just messaging to look into this as when i realised i had lost the signal i was at work leaving me stranded if any serious issues arose as i work in security i may of needed to call my boss or coworker as i am left by myself, luckily there was no issues but i do think it was some what serious

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion