Discussion topic: Voicemail not working and imessage not activating

agius2702
Topic Author
This message was authored by agius2702 This message was authored by: agius2702

Re: Voicemail not working and imessage not activating

Exactly the same my end.... Still no voicemail and greeting page just spinning with error message....

This message was authored by Tribbs This message was authored by: Tribbs

Strangely my voicemail is now working as normal, however the greeting button just spins and shows a fault code. I also cant reduce the ring time back down from 30 seconds - I had done that to give me a better chance to get to or reject the call but just get a fault code when trying to reduce it 🙄

This message was authored by Sooz+B This message was authored by: Sooz+B

Ye Gods this is frustrating guys!  Will it ever be resolved?  Once of my customers reported tonight her son is experiencing exactly the same.  And guess what - he uses his phone for his business too!

Still no voicemail........

Still spinning disc......

Still Error message........

So now.........

I still have no voicemail and my whirly thing is still whirling and I still have the error messge.  BUT.... Sky left me a voicemail. (No one else can mind you - only SKY)  I couldn't hear all of it as the person was speaking so fast, but I gather they want me to call them regarding my issue.  Bah!!!!!!  I simply don't have time to go through all this AGAIN - plus I have repeatedly asked SKY NOT to call me but to email.  HEEEELLLOOOOOO there SKY.  Is anyone listening?

Anything to report fellow voicemail prob people?

How frustrating, my voicemail is still working today, although I still can't change the amount of rings before it cuts in, if I click on greeting it spins then goes to a fault code, whilst people can leave me voicemails, they aren't showing on my visual voicemail, I have to call 759 to retrieve them so I don't know there is a voicemail there unless I call to check. 

This message was authored by alh1812 This message was authored by: alh1812

I have had exactly the same problem since last week. Tried speaking to sky, but they were useless quite frankly!

Sorry to hear you are having the same problem alh.  So the problem is still cropping up?  

Nearly 8 weeks for me now...........

Keep posting & let us know if you find a solution

Quick update- my voicemail is still working, however I still can't adjust the amount of rings before it kicks in, if I press the greeting button it spins then times out with a fault code, today my visual voicemail has stopped working and my phone isn't always ringing when someone calls me, I discover various voicemails whenever I dial 759 dispite there being no missed calls on my phone, someone from Sky called today to discuss my pac code and ask me not to leave, when I explained I was having problems with voicemail and it wasn't about cost, he lost interest and ended the call. Really can't work out how Sky have managed to mess it up so badly 🤷‍♂️

agius2702
Topic Author

Apparently the Tech guys are on it hence the reason for the error codes and chasing/loading symbols!! Let's hope they resolve it quickly! 

They need to get a shift on - on the verge of leaving.............. 8 weeks for me now with nor voicemail 

More people seem to be joining the group.  It really is good to know you are not banging your head against a wall on your own 🙂

Hope we all get sorted soon.....

Drum roll!!!!!

Large glass of Pinot to celebrate

After 8 weeks I FINALLY have my voicemail back, my personal greeting is there, my phone rings for the specified amount of rings and folk have LEFT ME MESSAGES.  No whirly things and no eror message.

I can't believe it.  Just noticed about an hour ago.

I SO hope it is the same for you guys out there 🤞

Excellent, I had given up but having read your message, have just tried and can alter my greeting and have managed to reduce the amount of rings before voicemail again. Hopefully that is the end of that stressful time, extremely poor communication from Sky throughout but hopefully they have finally sorted it for everyone 🤞🏼

agius2702
Topic Author

That's good news unfortunately mines still the same.. the only thing that's changed is the greeting page has stopped spinning/ loading ... did you guys do anything to make it work again?? How do I altar the number of rings please? Just to see if doing that makes it work again!!'

So sorry still not working for you agius2702 

I didn't do anything - just suddenly noticed this afternoon a voicemail was there.

To change number of rings:

SKY

Dial: **61*759*11*XX#

Replace the XX's with the amount of time you want the phone to ring for, before it transfers calls to voicemail. The maximum time you can set it to is 30 seconds.

E.g. **61*759*11*25#

That would change it to 25 seconds.

I usually set mine at around 10

Hope this helps

Oh no, hopefully yours will be working soon, to change the length of the ringtone before voicemail cuts in, dial-  **61*759*11*XX#  replace the XX with the number of seconds you would like it to ring for - hope this works 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion