Discussion topic: Live feed missing from doorbell, but everything else is fine.

This message was authored by Red+Silence This message was authored by: Red+Silence

Live feed missing from doorbell, but everything else is fine.

Hello

After the large broadband outage this morning everything in the house came back to life.

My video doorbell live feed is missing and simply won't connect and let me view live video on my Pixel 8.

I got through to support and uninstalled and repaired both the chime and the doorbell and detection is back as is recording the pressing of the doorbell - and I can view the footage too.

But still no live video feed.

I even moved the doorbell next to the chime to get a stronger signal..But no difference.

The support representative finished by saying he's heard alot of this this morning and will escalate..

Anyone else??

My indoor camera and landing sensors are all working ok too

All Replies

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Live feed missing from doorbell, but everything else is fine.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Red+Silence wrote:

Hello

After the large broadband outage this morning everything in the house came back to life.

My video doorbell live feed is missing and simply won't connect and let me view live video on my Pixel 8.

I got through to support and uninstalled and repaired both the chime and the doorbell and detection is back as is recording the pressing of the doorbell - and I can view the footage too.

But still no live video feed.

I even moved the doorbell next to the chime to get a stronger signal..But no difference.

The support representative finished by saying he's heard alot of this this morning and will escalate..

Anyone else??

My indoor camera and landing sensors are all working ok too

Try powering on and off your Pixel phone.

Whilst that is happening, turn the switch on your doorbell off for about ten minutes

The on/off switch is under the fap below the usb port on the back of the doorbell.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
Red+Silence
Topic Author
This message was authored by Red+Silence This message was authored by: Red+Silence

Thanks for the suggestion.

Tried it but still the same I'm afraid.

Judging by what the support person said, it would seem.he was being inundated this morning with the same issue so I can only assume it's a bug or more widespread problem than just myself.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Red+Silence wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Tried it but still the same I'm afraid.

Judging by what the support person said, it would seem.he was being inundated this morning with the same issue so I can only assume it's a bug or more widespread problem than just myself.

@Red+Silence just checked my Pixel Pro 7 and the video doorbell is working fine

wonder if it's worth trying again now ?

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Red+Silence
Topic Author

Hello.

Well I don't know what changed but it has indeed sorted itself out and now appears to be working as it should.

Thanks for all the help 😃 

This message was authored by barry+and+gillie This message was authored by: barry+and+gillie

Mine too. Only set up today , works on hubby's phone fine but my tablet gets everything but the live video feed and my phone won't even log in

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion