Discussion topic: Amazon Prime video is ridiculously slow, keep buffering. No other APPs do this. Why.

This message was authored by Mm135 This message was authored by: Mm135

Amazon Prime video is ridiculously slow, keep buffering. No other APPs do this. Why.

Amazon Prime Video is appallingly slow, keeps buffering. No other App does this . Why?

really poor 

All Replies

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Re: Amazon Prime video is ridiculously slow, keep buffering. No other APPs do this. Why.

I've always found the Prime Video app to perform poorly on Sky, all the other apps are fine. If you have any other way to watch Prime (Smart TV app, Firestick etc) it's best to use that instead.

This message was authored by Puss+in+Leeds This message was authored by: Puss+in+Leeds

Re: Amazon Prime video is ridiculously slow, keep buffering. No other APPs do this. Why.

so up until last week i had no issues with AMAZON prime through SKY Q, now I get constant buffering and a message re amazon and video help, no other app is causing an issue and if I watch AMAZON through the same TV but via the smart TV menu  AMAZON works fine plus it works fine  on all other devices within the household. Strangely its really noticeable on box sets which will only run for minutes without buffering.

Rebooted the modem, router ,SKY Q box and the TV and all the devices are up to  date.

As an engineer and IT person the obvious conclusion is its a SKY issue but Im happy to be educated

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

Try this solution that I found from @oldfella 

It's 0 0 1 then select.

Have you tried refreshing the Apps in the Hidden menu.
To enter hidden menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.
With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.
Select Apps 
then highlight Refresh all Apps on this box.
You'll see a message that says, 'Your apps are being refreshed'. This will stay on screen until you press Dismiss to return to normal viewing
It’s recommended waiting at least 5 minutes before doing so.

Refresh Apps can take up to 24 hrs to complete

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@Puss+in+Leeds wrote:

so up until last week i had no issues with AMAZON prime through SKY Q, now I get constant buffering and a message re amazon and video help, no other app is causing an issue and if I watch AMAZON through the same TV but via the smart TV menu  AMAZON works fine plus it works fine  on all other devices within the household. Strangely its really noticeable on box sets which will only run for minutes without buffering.

Rebooted the modem, router ,SKY Q box and the TV and all the devices are up to  date.

As an engineer and IT person the obvious conclusion is its a SKY issue but Im happy to be educated

The obvious solution is it's the Amazon Prime App which is the responsibility of Amazon not Sky as Amazon created it. Use your smart TV's built in apps where possible.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by bemak187 This message was authored by: bemak187

@Mm135As mentioned use the apps built into your smart TV or another more powerful device like and apple TV or Firestick.  You will get a much better experience.  Sky Q is fine for live TV and recordings but is tech from essentially 10 years ago hence really underpowered for running apps.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion