Discussion topic: Copy from Sky Q box to Panasonic DVD recorder

This message was authored by Justaviewer This message was authored by: Justaviewer

Copy from Sky Q box to Panasonic DVD recorder

My apologies if this has been asked and answered before. I currently have a Sky+ HD box and it is linked to my Panasonic DVD recorder but I have just been notified that Sky+ will no longer be supported. 

Can Sky Q be linked in the same or similar way, if so how can this be done?  Also, if I do not upgrade to Sky Q will my current box continue to work or will it just stop working at some future date?

Thanks for reading.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7 Answer

Re: Copy from Sky Q box to Panasonic DVD recorder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Justaviewer in answer to your question "Copy from Sky Q box to Panasonic DVD recorder"

SKYQ is not designed to have an external recorder attached to it, the only output being a HDMI connection to a TV.

SKYQ boxes can record up to six channels at the same time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7 Answer

Hi @Justaviewer in answer to your question "Copy from Sky Q box to Panasonic DVD recorder"

SKYQ is not designed to have an external recorder attached to it, the only output being a HDMI connection to a TV.

SKYQ boxes can record up to six channels at the same time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Justaviewer 

A Sky+ HD box is likely to continue to function for live viewing, recording/playback and on-demand: some interactive functions may cease.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Justaviewer 

Sky Q has no SCART output, only HDMI, so if you are currently connecting your +HD box to your Panasonic recorder in this way then you won't be able to do the same with a Q box, 

This message was authored by Raider999 This message was authored by: Raider999

@Justaviewer 

@Padam_Padam 

It is possible to download to a DVD recorder from SkyQ.

However you need a HDMI to SCART converter.   You will lose quality but you are able to do it.

This message was authored by maccafan1 This message was authored by: maccafan1

exactly how as have tried this but doesnt work, I have a Mini that think can use somehow

This message was authored by maccafan1 This message was authored by: maccafan1

Hiya, have today connected Sky Q to my Sony DVD Recorder and will put a guide together explaning how have done it 

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@maccafan1 wrote:

Hiya, have today connected Sky Q to my Sony DVD Recorder and will put a guide together explaning how have done it 

Bear in mind any post detailing how to circumvent copy protection will be removed.  (2.2k of terms and conditions)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion